Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Customer: Good afternonn get to my login account I am at the…

Customer: Good afternonn get to my...
Customer:
Good afternonn get to my login account I am at the very first part of when a macbook starts up which is the apple logo but it stays on there. Its the grey screen with the apple logo and below the apple appear spinning gear , keeping until screen go dark . Eddy here and my MacBook Pro 13in version OS X 10.9 , can you please help me. I appreciated for your time
11/1/2013
Daniel, Mac Genius
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

So it boots up OK but you cannot login, is that correct?

Correct I can't past the grey screen with apple logo and spinning below , I waited for 10 minutes or more and comes just dark screen nothing else

Ok, then what you need is the password XXXXX Not hard to get to.
Restart and hold the Command and R, this takes you to the recovery drive and some utilities.
What you are looking for is the Password XXXXX utility, should be here.
graphic
Select that and follow the promts, go carefuly and read every thing before clicking anything.

Write the password XXXXX and leave a hint.

Try that.

I got this options: OS X utilities

Restore from time machine backup

Reinstall OS X

Get help online. And

Disk utility (repair or erase a disk using disk utility)

Have to choose one of those and continue ?

I think that Get Help online is what took its place.
Unless you turned on the Use Apple ID to reset password XXXXX it will require more than I can do this way.

Select the get help online and see if it is of any help.
Let me know please.

I got apple support online and the best option it's repair the disk, the problem started when I updated OS X maverick , I updated without checking, lol being stupid I guess.

I am not sure what repairing the drive will do but Disk Utilty is what to use for that.
Open Disk Utility and click on the Mac HD once to highlight. Then select First Aid from the menu and repair the drive, do the permissions while you are there also.
graphic

This will not reset the password.
That is something they made hard to do in Mavericks.

Daniel, Mac Genius