Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

doing a reset and the ipad freezed up

doing a reset and the ipad freezed up
11/1/2013
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist

Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you.

Kamil Anwar :

Can you hold down the sleep/wake button and the home button together until the iPad reboots?

Kamil Anwar :

The sleep/wake button is the button on top and the home button is the round button in the center.

Customer:

all I see is the apple logo and a vertical light line

Kamil Anwar :

Is the line progressing in the bar?

Customer:

no

Kamil Anwar :

You will need to restore the iPad using iTunes.

Kamil Anwar :

Do you have iTunes on your computer?

Customer:

no

Kamil Anwar :

Can you press and hold the sleep wake button on top until the iPad turns itself off

Kamil Anwar :

Let me know when it's turned off.

Customer:

will try

Kamil Anwar :

Thanks

Customer:

still not off

Customer:

not off

Kamil Anwar :

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Customer:

where is the sleep button

Kamil Anwar :

Just a second. I'll send a picture showing this.

Kamil Anwar :

Full Size Image

Kamil Anwar :

Have a look at the picture, it shows both the sleep/wake and the home button.

Kamil Anwar :

Customer:

ok it is on

Kamil Anwar :

Is it back on as normal?

Customer:

yes

Kamil Anwar :

Great.

Kamil Anwar :

What were you resetting?

Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist