Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My MacBook and iPod wont sync up. The Mac contains all of

My MacBook and iPod won't...
My MacBook and iPod won't sync up. The Mac contains all of the music I purchased from iTunes but it doesn't contain all the music I downloaded from CDs on the iPod. When iTunes brings up the iPod page after I plug it into the Mac, the Sync selection doesn't upload from the iPod, only downloads new music purchased from iTunes to the iPod.

Any way to make this happened?

Bill Matzke [email protected]
10/23/2013
John T. F., Mac Druid
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

If I understand correctly, it does sync from iTunes properly. It's merely music you ripped from CD's yourself that you need to get off the iPod?

Thanks,

Yes, that's correct. I put many CDs on my iPod when I first got it, then started purchasing from iTunes.

Thanks, WIlliam.

While there are a number of options to get purchased music off the iPod, Apple offers absolutely no official way of retrieving songs you've ripped yourself.

However, luckily, there are 3rd party utilities that can copy music directly off an iPod.

SharePod may be the easiest utility for you: http://www.getsharepod.com/

Download and install SharePod on the computer.

Once you have the above installed, connect your iPod to the computer. If iTunes starts, quit it.

Start SharePod.

They actually have a fairly decent set of instructions at the following link.
http://www.getsharepod.com/help/how-to-transfer-music-from-iphone/

Once you are finished copying them from the device, quit SharePod and then disconnect your iPod from the computer.

Start iTunes and verify all music is there.

Find a song that was imported from the iPod and make sure you can play it.
If it looks complete, you should be all set!

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,

I get an error message that Sharepoint cannot be installed because "I" choose to only allow programs and apps from Apple authorized vendors. Sure I did. How do I un-do that? I looked through my profile on iTunes and didn't find any such option,

Bill

That sounds like GateKeeper is giving you trouble. Look in System Preferences under Security. Change the option to anywhere, run SharePod the first time, and then change it back.

John T. F., Mac Druid
Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,
John T. F., Mac Druid