Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I can not get pogo games to operate and have downloaded the

I can not get pogo...

I can not get pogo games to operate and have downloaded the latest Java. I have a 10.8.5 operating system and it all worked yesterday. How can we fix this?

Is someone going to be helping me soon?

10/19/2013
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First lets test whether JAVA is working on your Mac, go this link and run the tests : http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Let me know the results please..

I just did the verification, but do not know yet if it is working...I will now go to the Pogo website and see if I can get on.

What happens when you go to the above website ? And are you getting any errors from Pogo website ?

Do not seem to be getting errors, but haven't spent time really trying.

The games seem to be loading.

Is it working now Leslie ?
Leslie, goto Applications > Utilities folder and open Disk Utility. In Disk Utility, select your hard disk in left column. Then click Repair Permission. Then click Verify Disk and Repair Disk if asked to repair.

Then reset Safari too. If there is any old files messing up, this should fix it. In Safari, click on Safari menu and select Reset Safari. Select all options except Cookies and Login Items and hit Reset Safari.

Then click on Safari menu and select Clear Cache. Then restart Safari and try Pogo

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician

The Java now works on Safari, but not on Firefox.....as long as one works I'm satisfied.

Leslie, You can also try Chrome : https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/

Fastest and best browser out there.

Best Regards,

Pogo will not work at all on Chrome. The pop up states that Chrome does not support Java. Firefox used to work, but is not now and I'm afraid if I fiddle with it too much Safari will stop working.

That's strange. Chrome does support Java for me. Are you getting the same on Firefox too ?

Not the same pop up..it just doesn't load the game. The site will open, the games will not load.

Thank you for your time

On your Mac, hold down Option key, click on Go menu in the top and click Library. This will open the library folder. Open Preferences folder and trash com.mozilla.firefox.plist file. Let me know if you can't find the file there

It was not there...Nothing under com.mozilla

Download AppCleaner application from here
: http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Open AppCleaner and load Firefox in it. This will load Firefox application and all its related files. Can you see any plist file there ?

yes, it is there

Select all those plist file and delete them. Don't delete other files or firefox app. Then open Firefox and try Pogo

I did delete that one file, but Pogo will still not activate

Then delete all files there and redownload and install firefox from here : http://www.mozilla.org/

Remember, this will delete everything from firefox inlcuding boomarks, saved sites etc

Then run the Java tests on Firefox from here : http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Let me know how it goes..

i reinstalled Firefox and it is now working...Thank you so much. Now going to get coffee and get on with my day.

I'm glad to hear that Leslie :) And you're most welcome

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician