Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

Hi,I have just bought a Sony HDR-AS30V action camera, which

I have just bought a Sony HDR-AS30V action camera, which supposed to collect GPS data while recording movies. Those GPS data can be displayed on a computer should one download it using PlayMemories Home software, which is actually not compatible with Mac, which I have. Recommendation is to use iMovie. Unfortunately GPS data can not be gathered by using iMovie. Do you have a suggestion?
Best regards
Zsolt A Varga

Hello Zsolt,
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

The only way to obtain the GPS data from your movies on a Mac is by using the BootCamp utility to install Windows on the Mac and you can then install the PlayMemories Home software on the Mac.