Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My husband created a WORD document on his PC, however I need

My husband created a WORD document on his PC, however I need to make corrections to it on my iMac. How do we accomplish this without retyping?

Hello Etta! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you transferred or do you know how to transfer the word document/file from the PC to the iMac computer yet?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Hi Etta,

It looks like you are away. Let me provide some instructions first. There are a few ways you can transfer the document from the PC to the Mac computer, then you can open/edit the document on the Mac computer.

- You can use a USB / flash drive, then transfer the document from the PC to the USB drive, then transfer from the USB drive to the Mac computer, then you can open it and edit.

- Another way is to go to your email on the PC, then send an email message to yourself (your email address), and attach the document, then you can go to your email on the Mac computer, then download it.

- Yet another way is to go to the website http://www.wikisend.com on the PC, then at that website, browse.../ upload the document there
, then it will give you an ID number and link
, then go to the Mac computer, then use that link to download the document
, or go to that website http://www.wikisend.com on the Mac computer, then click on Download, then enter the give file ID number, then download.

Please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you - my husband moved it to a flash drive and I then opened it on the iMac.

Great. You're welcome. If you need anything else, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service above? Thank you very much.