Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have a Mac with Parallels and Windows 7 installed. My windows

installation is infected with antivirus...
I have a Mac with Parallels and Windows 7 installed. My windows installation is infected with antivirus pro malware and I need help to remove it
10/17/2013
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Thanks for asking your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be glad to assist you.

Have you tried running malwarebytes?

No

OK,

Please download malwarebytes through windows.It is a free and very effective virus scan software.

You can use the site below, when you reach the site click on Download Installer then Run.

The site will install the software for you. Then you will have the Malwarebytes icon on your desktop. Open it, click on Yes to update the database then run a Quick Scan.

Remove any infected objects that are found by the software. If prompted to restart, restart Windows.

http://ninite.com/malwarebytes

Let me know how you make out. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow ups..

Is there anyway you can remotely login to my computer and fix it because I tried to download the software through Windows and it did not work for me. The virus interferes so badly with my internet explorer that it cuts my screen and access to commands

Please use the link to reach join.me when you do click on Start meeting. Run the software and a window will appear at the top your screen (orange join.me window).

It will display a 9-digit session number please reply back to me with it so I can join.

Click here>>>http://join.me

the number is: 734-608-221

Should I do anything else at this point?

Virus has been removed via remote session.
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Hi Kathy,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going.

If in the future you have any further questions please save my site profile. So you can reach me directly.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Let me know,
Cris

Thank you Cris for following up with me. Everything works perfect now. If I have any additional issues with my Mac I will definitely contact you. Thanks for your help.

Kathy Fleischmann

Hi Kathy,

Excellent! Very glad to hear that.

Thank you,
Cris
Cris
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist