Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

I recently had a new modem/wireless router combo installed.

I recently had a new modem/wireless router combo installed. It was supplied by my ISP. This replaced a modem and separate wireless router. The wireless network is working fine but I am having a problem getting my HP printer connected. I tried to set up the printer using the wireless network setup wizard using the new passkey code for the new equipment. I am getting results telling me that the setup was successful however my computer and printer are no longer communicating. l've been online researching this and don't know what else to do to get the printer set up on the new network.

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask, if the printer indicates that it is connected and online?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I tell?

That is a very good question.

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? No extra charge.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes how do I do that?

Thank you.

If you are using a PC, Internet Explorer works the best. If you are using a Mac, only Safari will work with this remote.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=01ced5a9-cf4f-4da6-ac39-7cf74a9205f9

All is now working.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help below.

- Jason