Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi there, when restarted my mac book air and opened the Microsoft

outlook I received following message...
Hi there, when restarted my mac book air and opened the Microsoft outlook I received following message: "here is a problem with the Office database. To use the database, you must rebuild it using the Database Utility." I clicked on rebuild and the process started, but after some minutes I received the following message: "Your database could not be rebuilt.". What can I do to recover the data and to get Microsoft outlook running again?
10/4/2013
tonyng1
tonyng1, Computer Hardware Engineer

tonyng1 :

Hi.

tonyng1 :

I'm Tony. I will be helping you today.

tonyng1 :

Are you currently using your Office to contact to your company email?

tonyng1 :

or is it connecting to a private email like yahoo.com or gmail.com

tonyng1 :

If it isn't pop mail I feel confident that we can just remove the database

tonyng1 :

and have it generate a new one.

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I am using it for my office email and for a private email which sits on a different server.

tonyng1 :

Hi

tonyng1 :

So the orginal mail still sits in the server somewhere.

tonyng1 :

Its not the only copy right?

tonyng1 :

Do you have archived mails inside?

tonyng1 :

meaning that the mail is saved locally to the outlook?

Customer:

no, they get deleted, as soon deleted on my computer, it syncronizes with my computer

Customer:

yes

tonyng1 :

ok understood. it will be a little more complicated then

tonyng1 :

what i can do is to get it to a point where mail can flow in again.

tonyng1 :

but we will need to recover the database that holds all our mail.

Customer:

ok

tonyng1 :

were you updating outlook

tonyng1 :

when this happened?

tonyng1 :

can you tell me a little about how this happened?

Customer:

no, I just restarted the computer due to a skype error

Customer:

never had isues with outlook

tonyng1 :

Do you have administrator privileges to your macbook.?

Customer:

yes

tonyng1 :

ok lets do this first

tonyng1 :

completely close outlook

tonyng1 :

click and hold outlook icon and click on close

tonyng1 :

hold option key and open outlook

tonyng1 :

it will opne up a database utility application

tonyng1 :

that shows a identity

Customer:

just a sec

tonyng1 :

ok no problem

Customer:

Sorry

Customer:

Internet went off

tonyng1 :

Its ok.

tonyng1 :

lets get started again

tonyng1 :

do you see that option?

Jason Jones, Mac Technician

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page. No extra charge.

Thank you.

Hi there

hi.

May I start the remote now?

yes, please

Let us quickly talk about what we have done so far

Can we Skype?

Thank you.

If you are using a PC, Internet Explorer works the best. If you are using a Mac, only Safari will work with this remote.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=22b3494b-e5d7-49f3-9704-3a5e3bca0815

Any chance I can give you a quick update? We have opened a new identity. Since I urgently needed the opportunity to check on some emails. Any chance to recover from the former Database an olm. file, which I can import in the new identity. The attemps to rebuild the old one has not been successfull.

Have you ran the remote application?

Once I am in, I will see if that is possible.

yes I did

I see that you have clicked the remote link.

Are you having problems with the application after you download and run it? You must open the downloads window and double click the Elsinore... item.

To open this Web Start application, you need to download the Java Runtime Environment....?

Which Internet browser are you using?

safari

Okay, you may have to download Java first.

busy doing it

Thank you.

done

Okay. Run the remote application once more.

While I was remoted in, the remote stalled for a moment and you ran the remote again while it was already running. This causes problems.

Please, turn your Mac off, back on, and then run the remote application once more.

will do

Thank you..

All is now working.

If you ever wish to work with me in the future, you can ask your new questions and have them sent to me directly at the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-computertechmaster/

Thank you for your time and please, do not forget to rate my help below.

- Jason
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Jason Jones, Mac Technician