Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

i updated ipad to latest ios 7.2 My kindle library seems intact

i updated ipad to latest...
i updated ipad to latest ios 7.2
My kindle library seems intact in icloud, but has disappeared from my ipad.
When i try to download kindle books from icloud to my ipad, some do, but some say "download error"
How can i recover all kindle bookds from icloud to my ipad?
10/2/2013
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert

Please put your finger on the Kindle app until it starts to wiggle.
Push the X on it and delete it.
Push the home button to stop the wiggling.

Go to the app store, download the Kindle app again - it is free.

Now go ahead and download your books again.

Did that work?

Thanks!

J.

i deleted ipad kindle for ipad app.

then i went to app store as you suggested

then i got an icloud icon against the kindle app

i pressed that icon

but after a brief delay, the same icon reappeared

That cloud icon means Download.
Is the iPad currently connected to your network?

ok since your first reply, i have now re-installed the kindle for ipad.

however, when i eneter the app, i get a message "you have no items downloaded to this device". i tried to download 1 book from the icloud

but a pop-up appeared :"download failed .. to reolve this issue, deregister this kindle..the sign back in...note : uninstalling the app will not resolve this issue"

Ok - good.

Next step, go ahead and de-register the iPad as a Kindle. Register it again with your Amazon account and password, and try to download the book.

Did that work?

J.

ok i deregistered ipad on the amazon m "manage your kindle " page

Where on the amazon page do i go to register the ipad again

On the iPad, open the Kindle app.
Touch the gear icon (settings).
If your email/name is XXXXX XXXXX it and Deregister. If it asks you to register, go ahead and do that - then try to download the book again.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks!

ok i can download individual books from icloud to the ipad.

problem is i have 432 books to download.

any shortcuts you know of to allow me to avoid individually downloading each book one-at-a-time?

I'm afraid not - the app is designed so you only get the books you actually want, to conserve space and bandwidth. You will simply need to touch the books you want. No need to wait between touches, the books will go into a download queue, and download when the previous one finishes.

I'm glad I could help!

Can you please rate my service by clicking one of the faces under my answer?

I very much appreciate your patience and business!

Thanks,

James.

thanks..now back to Amazon topic.

Do i heve to register the ipad again on the Amazon site.

Will it recognize that I have painfully downloaded all the kndle books (which are proceding right now)

You do NOT need to do anything else, or register the iPad on the amazon site. It is done automatically for you when you register on the iPad.

And yes, it will recognize that you downloaded those books!

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert