Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified
30970729

Here is a fun question.How do I make a tap bot for the

Here is a fun question.

How do I make a tap bot for the ipad / the iphone. So i would like the device to touch a particular part of the apple device repeatedly (say once in 10 or 30 seconds). After googling around a little, I understand I would need a linear actuator (tech word for something that goes up and down) and also an ipad / iphone rubber tip (to simulate a finger touch!).

Looking for the cheapest and simplest solution. It does not have to scroll or anything other action. Just touch a particular place on the device that it is set to. Please detail all components needed and links to purchase would be great.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

I've just seen your question and it immediately made me think of an episode of the Simpsons, where a "drinking bird" is used to repeatedly tap a keyboard in the nuclear power station... maybe you have seen the episode? Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iapECJKx4k0

You can get one of these birds for a few pounds and simply attach a rubber tip to its beak - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Novelty-Glass-Drinking-Dipping-Dippy/dp/B00DPL3WAQ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thats brilliant!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick question i cant find anything with which i can tap the ipad / iphone. Anything I try and the ios device does not register a touch

Hi Rosa,
The iPad has a capacitive touchscreen and requires something that conducts electricity. If the object does not work on its own, try wrapping it in aluminium foil - it works for me!
Best wishes,
Pete.