Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I cannot print my photos on Iphoto because it says i have

I cannot print my...
I cannot print my photos on Iphoto because it says i have no theme installed?
9/24/2013
Mike, Mac Medic
Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

It is version 10.6.8processor 2.4 GHz intel Core 2 Dduo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. It is posted as an Answer because of site rules but it is really just a diagnostic test. So please don't Rate to Finish just Reply to Expert when done.

Open Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities and double click Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive, usually Macintosh HD, and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
It was successful . Now what do I do.
Did the drive need repairs?
Yes
I really don't know should I verify disk?

I thought you said it was successful can you clarify? So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions?

At the bottom it said permissions repair complete.
Ok but what about Verify Disk?
I'm not sure about what I should do next
Was Verify Disk OK in green type??
No but I am verifying the disc. I am probably doing this all backward. It about done with 2 mins to go
OK I spelled it out is this not clear enough? Click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.
I did and the permission verification and repair verification has been completed.
Ok sorry but still not right... VERIFY DISK then if OK, REAPAIR PERMISISONS not Verify Permissions.
There is no green light but it now has gone to Erase is lit up in blue?
Repair went through but there is no green lights
I would say the drives did not need repairs
No do not ERASE!!! Please look below... select Macintosh HD on the left and then on the First Aid tab on the right then Verify Disk (2) on the far right, it will complete with errors in red or it will say OK in green, then Repair Permissions (1) on the left.

graphic
O.k I am verifying disc. It says it will take 10 Minutes.
It said the volume Mac HD appears to be ok in green.
OK now REPAIR PERMISSIONS please.
O.k.

After that is done, restart the computer and go to the Apple Logo to Software Update and install anything that is listed. Then try printing from iPhoto

Permissions repair complete
restart the computer and then go to the Apple Logo to Software Update and install anything that is listed. Then try printing from iPhoto

I think something in the core library is damaged and it can't be repaired. I think i better give up.

What do you mean? Why do you say that? What happened?
We are just getting to the problem that was just preliminary checking things.

o.k. what do i do next?

Did you run Software Update?
Yes. And it said all updates were ok
OK did you purchase iPhoto from the app store or did it come with the computer?
It came with the computer.
OK try printing again and give me the exact error message.
No available Themes

There were no themes located . Until at least one
Theme has been installed, this feature will be unavailable
OK you need to reinstall iPhoto. You won't lose any pictures. Drag iPhoto app to the trash from Applications, then:

Insert the Applications installation disc into your computer’s optical drive (or an optical drive connected to your computer) and double-click the Install Bundled Software icon.

Follow the onscreen instructions. In the Installation Type pane, click Customize.

Click the disclosure triangle next to Bundled Applications, select the checkbox next to the application you want to install, and then click Install.

After that is done run Software Update BEFORE you try to open iPhoto.

I cannot drag the iphoto from applications. It won't let me.

Is it open? You have to quit it first
Ok I did quit it from the dock and installed the installation Cd
OK follow the directions I gave and after run Software Update
I followed the directions and ran the software update. Then I went to applications and checked iPhoto went in to see if any change in wanting to print and the same message came up about no themes were available.
You reinstalled iPhoto from the disk after trashing it?
I'm not sure it went in to the trash as it would not let me move it.but I quit it from the dock
I checked the trash iPhoto was not in it. How do you get it moved to the trash it will not move.
OK restart the computer, don't open anything and then go to Applications folder and drag iPhoto to the trash.

Then go to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/ drag iPhoto folder to the trash

Then go to Macintosh HD/Library/Receipts folder drag anything with the name iPhoto in it to the trash

empty the trash.

Now Insert the Applications installation disc into your computer’s optical drive (or an optical drive connected to your computer) and double-click the Install Bundled Software icon.

iPhoto will not budge from applications
You restarted the computer, right? Right click on it and go to Move to Trash

I have restarted the computer. I checked the trash and iPhoto is now in it.
I am re installing the application CD and it is writing files again.
Ok but did you trash those other items first and empty the trash?

No, i Forgot now can i stop the installing?

Just let it go now. Please READ my posts and follow them fully or we will never get through this. Thanks.
Make sure you run Software Update after...don't open iPhoto untill you do that please.
Mike, Mac Medic
Software is updating
The software successfully updated the software
It Worked! iPhoto is now able to print.
Thank you so much for your patience with me. I am so computer challenged.
Mike, Mac Medic