We will need to recover the iPad using iTunes.
At this stage, i will not recommend you to update any other devices until we finish this procedure so you know exactly what to do when a things go wrong.
One recommendation is to use iCloud
to back-up all your iDevices. Doing this will allow you to recover data.
Now since we do not have any back-up, recovering it from iTunes will erase all existing data from your husbands iPad.You will need to perform a recovery-mode restore
If your iPhone
, iPad, or iPod touch is already showing the "Connect to iTunes" screen, please go to step 5.
1. Connect your USB cable to your computer but not to the iPad until step 3.
2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.
- If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
3. While pressing and holding the Home button down, connect the USB cable to the iPad. The device should turn on.
4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen. When this screen appears, you can release the Home button:
USB cord pointing the iTunes symbolNote:
If the image of a battery appears, let the device charge for at least ten minutes to ensure that the battery has some charge, and then start with step 2 again. If you don't see the Connect to iTunes screen, try these steps 1 through 4 again.
5. iTunes should automatically open and display the following message:
Alert text: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode..."
"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."
Note: If iTunes not open after two minutes, please open iTunes yourself.
6. Use iTunes to restore the device.
This will recover iPad using iTunes and erase all data.
Please let me know how it goes.