Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

A weather chart following a Google search for weather forecasts

A weather chart following a 'Google' search for weather forecasts resolved itself on the results page, but there isn't a link directing me to its resident site. Here is the address: https://www.google.com/search?q=WEATHER+FORCASTS&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=WEATHER%20FORECASTS&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial

Can you please tell me how to "capture" this chart and separate it from the results page, or the steps involved in locating its internet site?
Thank you.

Michelle :

Hi, and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

Whenever you google data related information or formulas, google will always give you the snapshot view. If you look directly below the forecast, you will see The Weather Channel - Weather Underground - AccuWeather. This is the direct link where google is getting this information from

Michelle :

Full Size Image

Michelle :

Google has compiled its own chart based on those three individual sites. Please let me know if you need further assistance

Customer:

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX doesn't answer how I can obtain this chart without constantly referring back to the search page. Google's compilation is what I would like. The three or four weather reporting companies listed below the chart do not present this information as succinctly. Any ideas?

Michelle :

Are you referring to taking a screen shot?

Customer:

A screen shot would only give me the data as of that exact moment. I am trying to use the chart for real-time data.

Michelle :

Thank you for clarifying that. There are other ways of obtaining real time weather stats without having to search. You can use weather widgets. Are you using a Mac or PC

Michelle :

Im sorry you are using a Mac, then you have two options. You can either use your dashboard weather widgets that come with your Mac. Or you can download a weather app from the App Store

Customer:

A Mac, but Michelle, before we go down that road, I would like to have Google's weather summary format. Is there any way to extricate this format, or to visit Google's website?

Michelle :

No there is no way to extract it. Google is its own entity so if you are looking for that same format, you will need to continue using google. For Example, you google "Lincoln's Birthday" You will see a similar google populated data of February 12, 1809

Michelle :

I hope that makes sense to you. Please let me know if you need additional clarification

Michelle :

That actual term is called "Knowledge Graph" Whenever you search for a person, place, or thing google will give a snapshot. Please click on this link for more information regarding Knowledge Graph https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2620861?hl=en&ref_topic=3036132

Customer:

I thought as much, but wasn't sure. I don't know if you can appreciate how clean, and succinct is Google's display, compared to the excessive 'clutter' of other web pages, but I'll try to find a Widget along those lines. Widgets are usually more efficient at portraying information. Thank you Michelle.

Michelle :

I completely understand what you mean. I personally refuse to go to weather sites due to the clutter. Instead I use my iphone to display weather info. I downloaded the yahoo weather map which is the best clutter free weather map out there. You are very welcome. Please let me know if I can assist you any further