Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

iphoto

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2013
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for you to explain what your issue is? Is it a problem with configuration of iPhoto or restoration of iPhoto?

I have formatted my Imac and installl Mac 10.8 Mountain lion, when I go to app store I can see that my Iphoto shows update available, when I click update and accept nothing happen, pls advise

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Oh, the imac is not with me its for my manager, I just want to install Iphoto, Imovie, Im using the same Apple ID that I used to have in my old mac

Oh, would it be possible for me to remote into that Mac?

Im scared no, but as i explained, Iphoto shows ( Update Available ) under my app store, but when I click update now and type in my mac id and click on accept nothing happen, I just want to be able to install it

Oh okay.

So you are doing everything exactly as you should be, but it is not working.

Are you given any errors?

no error, its just silent, its only showing update avaialable

Hello

Hello.

There is no reason for that to do that.

Are you still against me remoting in and fixing this?

I have remoted into computers a few hundred thousand times with no issues.

- Jason

its because the mac is not with me now, note: im using the old apple id that I was using, is there any way to install iphoto, I tried to install Iphoto 9.3 but i says that I have to install 9.1, any advise

Thank you for the update.

First you will have to install the 9.1 update, found here: http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1322/en_US/iPhoto9.1Update.dmg

Once that is complete, you can then update to 9.3, if you wish.

Hi

I tried to install 9.1 update, im getting a message saying to install 9.0 or later, please advise

Do you have the Mac Os installation DVD?

Yes I have

Thank you for the update.

can you advise how to start the session

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=1a9abc7c-9d79-400a-9637-10f2e9d390a2

Then on that page click the button that says, "Join Session".

Hi Jason,

Im sorry, the manager is not there and I dont have access now, any other advise, I tried another app id but still not working, any advise

- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.

Thank you.

Hi Jason,

He is not there now, any other advise

Oh okay.

You do not have access to the computer?

You must have access to the computer to do anything on it.

You can put the installation dvd in the computer, choose add software, install iPhoto and be done.

The installation was done from the internet, means we have installed it from the internet direct, but I have Lion mountain 10.8 CD, can I use this CD

Yes, you can use that CD.

so I will just put it and select install software?

Yes, you will be able to install it that way.
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Jason Jones, Mac Technician