Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

when I watch video clip in iMovie, it flashes green across

the video but fine when...
when I watch video clip in iMovie, it flashes green across the video but fine when I play it back on my camera?
9/8/2013
Mike, Mac Medic
Do you have Perian installed?

I don't know what Perian is

It would be one of your System Preference icons.

I don't see it under system preferences. I upload movies all the time in iMovie and this has never happened until today

Ok. Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Version 10.6.8

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 4GB 1333 MHz DDr3

I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation. It is posted as an Answer because of site rules but it is really just a diagnostic test. So please don't Rate to Finish just Reply to Expert when done.

Open Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities and double click Disk Utility. Highlight your hard drive, usually Macintosh HD, and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK in green type, then click on Repair Permissions on the left.

Note: If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.

It was not OK after verify disk so now I'm trying to repair. Says it will take 30 minutes. I will get back to you. Thank you.

ok then also tell me what version of iMovie

It now says repair complete. version. 9.0.4

Ok and you imported the video the exact same way as before, and did not change the quality settings on the camera? The old imports play fine?

yes. should I try to import a clip again?

Wait... first iMovie is at version 9.09 which may not be available in Snow Leopard. Go to the Apple Logo to Software Update and see if it shows an update for iMovie.

It does not show an update for iMovie. What's interesting is in the Event Library in iMovie, there is now flashing white in all of the previous clips but if i move them up into the Project Library to incorporate into movie, it plays fine

Weird... delete one of the bad clips and try reimporting it.

OK...now everything seems to be working fine! Thank you!!!

OK great!!!

If you are satisfied, please kindly Accept and provide an OK Rating - or Above. If you are not satisfied, please don't Rate to Finish and Reply to Expert and let me know what I can do to change that. If we solved your problem, giving me high marks on the survey and / or bonuses are also GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.
Mike, Mac Medic
Mike, Mac Medic