Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Unable to close Kobo app on my Mac laptop

Customer Question
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
9/8/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 4 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is Ashik and I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

We can Force Quit. Go to Applications > Utilities folder and open Activity Monitor. In Activity Monitor, select the Kobo application and click Quit Process. That should do it.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

I can get to activity monitor but can't find Kobo app

What happens when you close Cobo ? Are you getting any errors ? Press Command + Option + Esc and if you can see Kobo there, select it and Force Quit.

Does Kobo opens automatically when you turn your Mac back on (after you turn it off completely) ?
No
The message I get is Sorry, but your configuration has changed. Please sign in again so that we can update your Kobo account.
It asks me to sign out, but doesn't respond to sign out- the wheel just keeps turning even after 10 minutes.
Force Turn off your Mac by holding down the Power button for 10 seconds. Then follow the steps below :

1. Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys simultaneosly. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears and before the chime sound.
  2. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for three times.
  3. Release the keys and the let the Mac boot up to desktop

Did that worked ?
No that did not make any difference. I cannot seem to sign out of my Kobo account.
I would be happy to uninstall it but can't do that untilI am signed out which my laptop can't do.I give up since I have spent hours trying to solve this problem.
I'm done!!!!!
Hmm...thats strange. Don't give up. We've just started. Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Shift key on your Keyboard. This will boot into Safe Mode. It will only load the required components on your Mac. Now, trash it.

If you are unable to trash it, then download this application : https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/8214/trash-it!

Then trash the Kobo application using the TrashIt appliccation. Any luck ?
o time right now Will try later
Ok. We can continue later. Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me any time you want.

Have a great day,
Ashik, Mac Technician