Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am getting "imap.gmail.com" is not responding.verify that

you have entered the correct...
I am getting "imap.gmail.com" is not responding.verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail Setings.....message on my ipad when I click on "INBOX" ..I can send but not receive emails...how do I fix that?
9/4/2013
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please change your gmail email password XXXXX the website below:
https://www.google.com/settings/security

Viet - Mac Tech :

Can you please make sure both the POP and IMAP options are enabled at
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#settings/fwdandpop

Customer:

how do I enable?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Please click on the website:

Customer:

after clicking on it what do I do..

Viet - Mac Tech :

, then what is the status of POP and IMAP?

Customer:

i cant tell all on screen is a lot of arrows and squares...nothing tells me if they are enabled..

Viet - Mac Tech :

Do you see the option to enable or disable? Do you have a computer?

Customer:

there is no option just a lot of diagrams,etc...

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, we should check on the computer; do you have a computer?

Customer:

yes I am on my laptop

Viet - Mac Tech :

Are you chatting with me on the laptop or iPad?

Customer:

laptop

Viet - Mac Tech :

Google has made an app for Gmail, did you try it yet?

Customer:

no

Viet - Mac Tech :

don't use the Mail app, but go to App store, and search for Gmail, then download it

Customer:

do that now?on Ipad?

Viet - Mac Tech :

yes please on the ipad

Customer:

doing it now...1 min..

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok thank you.

Customer:

ok ready to open it

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok, open and sign in

Customer:

ok signed in...

Viet - Mac Tech :

great, it should start syncing.

Customer:

push notifications message

Customer:

ok

Customer:

do I just go to inbox from here?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Yes, then see if you can read emails,

Viet - Mac Tech :

then send an email message to confirm

Customer:

i just left "important only" at Notifications since it defaulted to that answer

Viet - Mac Tech :

ok

Viet - Mac Tech :

you can go to Inbox

Customer:

let me try sending a message from my computer please ...just give me a minute..

Viet - Mac Tech :

OK, please take your time.

Customer:

its working...great...youre super!

Viet - Mac Tech :

Great. Use the Gmail app as it's specialized for Gmail email. Do you have any further question?

Customer:

no...thanks so much...

Viet - Mac Tech :

You're welcome. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please rate my service by clicking on the smiley face below, then click on Submit / OK when it shows up. Thank you very much,

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech