Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Apple password--iPhone4S and iP5 wont accept a new one.

Apple password--iPhone4S and iP5 won't...
Apple password--iPhone4S and iP5 won't accept a new one.
8/30/2013
John T. F., Mac Druid
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

On either iPhone, if you go to Settings > iTunes & App Store,

does it shows your correct Apple ID at the top of the screen

JOHN: Are you picking me up? Respond.

Hi Mary, I did not receive your reply to my question if you made one.
Yes. My response was dropped.
Thanks, Mary.

Can you please tap the ID listed there, choose sign out, and then try signing back in?

All I could do was put in the new apple id e-mail and tap that.
To clarify, was an Apple ID not listed in Settings > iTunes & App Store, but you were able to add one to sign in successfully?

We keep missing each other. When you asked me to look at my ap id on settings, saw it was thebold yahoo instead of the new gmail. So i have had to change that and have reset the psswd. Now we,ll see if it works. Hold on.
Ok...

As a side note: Did you update the the old Apple ID account to use the new email address or did you create a brand new Apple ID? The latter will give you trouble.

Great. I updated the apple gmail id but the phone still says yahoo, and when i try to change it it sends me to i forgot.apple.com! What now?
Did you update the the old Apple ID account to use the new email address or did you create a brand new Apple ID?
Sorry. Had to sign in again and verify payment info, and it looks as if i'm ok, at least on the iP4S. Now for the iP5. Hold on.
I'll be here. ;-)
So far iP4s ok. But iP5 not accepting new password XXXXX w. correct apple id. Wants password XXXXX updates "#%!
Okay, is the password XXXXX accepted in Settings > iTunes & App Store but not for updates? ...or neither one?

Also, I asked before; Did you update the the old Apple ID account to use the new email address or did you create a brand new Apple ID?

Hunh? Set up with new apple id 2 days ago. Just discovered app store updating problem a few hours ago. So things ok on old iP but not on new one. It's not giving me any problem in Set/iTunes when i sign out and in again but sign-in for updates still doesn't work.
Okay, my point for asking is this;

If you are using a brand new Apple ID but your iPhone has apps on it that were downloaded under an old Apple ID then those apps will ask for the old ID's password XXXXX they try to update.

Apps are tied to ID's... which is why you may be having an app update issue with the password.

So that's why the items i just got on the i4Sare now on the i5! So i just uninstall the appas i'm having trouble with on the 5S and reinstall?
Yes, exactly. Just remove the old apps and re-download them.

John T. F., Mac Druid
John T. F., Mac Druid