Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

hello i have a doc that i downloaded from a australian court

hello i have a doc that...
hello
i have a doc that i downloaded from a australian court server that i need to fill in but it comes in comp ability mode.
how do i convert it ti "normal" so that i can do formatting?
8/28/2013
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the extension or the suffix of the document ? Is it .doc or .docx ?

doc

doc

What version of Office are you using ?

office for mac

What version ? 2004, 2008 or 2011 ?
Can you open and edit other documents ?

word for mac 2011

jepp i can open all others just this one that is a pre done doc from the australian court

http://www.familylawcourts.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/FLC/Home/Forms/Family+Court+of+Australia+forms/FCOA_form_Case_info

the word version

Hi Niklas, I downloaded it and can edit the document without any problem. I noticed that the document is created on a very older version of Word, possibly 2003 or 04

Open the document on your Word, click on File menu and select Save As. Then in the Format pop-up menu, click Word Document (.docx).

Save it. This will produce a docx document. Now, you can open it and edit it.

I also converted the document to latest version, here get it from here : http://wikisend.com/download/889132/Case_information_010309V1.docx

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Good but i still can not for example delete part B regarding witnesses.. and on part A I will have to write a lot and make different numeration but it still does not seem to work :(

The document is restriced, that is why you are not able to delete the contents. It is like a form, where you can only fill the required parts and ignore the unwanted parts.

However, you can remove the protection or restriction put on the document.
  1. On the Review tab, under Protection, click Permissions, and then click No Restrictions.

Word Review tab, Protection group

1. In the dialog box, click Remove Restrictions.

Here is the unrestricted version : http://wikisend.com/download/576780/Case_information_010309V1.docx

mine comes up with manage credentials and then some password XXXXX

Does that happen when you try to unrestrict it ?

Did you tried the document I sent you ?

jepp i tried the one u send me,

Can you edit the one I sent you ?

nope...

it does not allow me to un-restrict... just manage credentials and then a user

[email protected]

and asks for pw

The document I sent you is already unrestricted one. So you don't have to unrestrict again to edit it.

Here, download this document. I saved it as latest version and removed the compatability feature : http://wikisend.com/download/347482/Case_information_010309V1%20-%20Converted.docx

I just noticed that when the protection/restriction is removed, I can longer check the checkboxes or edit the document with the correct formatting. So I didn't remove the restriction on this one, but you should be able to add the contents to the required fields.
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi Niklas,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,
Ashik, Mac Technician