Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

Can you permenmtly delate show from iTunes not just hide them?

Can you permenmtly delate show from iTunes not just hide them? I want to do not know how to?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

Yes you can permanently delete a TV show, select the show then choose Edit from the top menu and then choose Delete. A pop up will come up asking you if you are sure. Choose delete. Another pop up will ask you if you will like to keep the file or move it to the trash. Choose move it to the trash

Appleologist :

Please let me know if you need further assistance or if you get stuck on any of the above steps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am kind of stuck, when I asked the question I did not realize you a mac person, I am on windows does that matter?
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.

The options are a little different but the concept is the same. You have two options: The shortcut is to select the TV show, then Press the Shift key and the Delete key on the keyboard. Or you can still select the song and choose Edit<Delete. You will then get a pop up asking if you are sure you would like to delete. Choose delete and then choose move to trash

Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.
Here is the illustration and additional information if needed
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3842
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It only gives me the option to hide the tv show
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.

Sounds like an icloud related issue. Try this resolution. Open itunes preferences by choosing Edit< Preferences then choose the Store tab. There is a check box for "Show iTunes in the cloud purchases" checked it if it is unchecked. Also, within the store preferences, check "Show iTunes Cloud purchases"

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ITunes I can not find the deleate button on itunes
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
all of them are not on my acaount but still apart of my account I just want to get rid of the shows so they are not on my account
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.
The delete button is actually on your keyboard and not in itunes. You can select the item you wish to delete and then press the delete button. The shortcut is to select the tv show then press and hold the Shift key and then tap the delete key. You may also have hidden purchases enabled. To check this out,
Choose Store > View My Account. (You may be asked to enter your password XXXXX).
On your Account Information summary, scroll down to the "iTunes in the Cloud" section and click Manage.
Manage Hidden Purchases
Choose a content type by clicking Music, TV shows, Apps, or Books from the top.
Click the Unhide button next to the item you would like to restore.

Here is the link for illustration
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4919
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I know you can hide them but can you get rid of it all together so you can never watch it again, or if I switch accounts can I take only what I want to take over and not the stuff I do not want?

Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.
When you say switch accounts, what do you mean? If you have two accounts and are currently signed into another account, make sure you are signed into the account that you purchased your TV show from then you can right-click the show and delete. If you want to switch accounts, you can certainly only re-download items that you need and leave items that you do not need.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just want to get some tv shows off my account not just hinding them
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.
When you say account, are you referring to completely removing it from your purchased history?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.

I understand. When you asked about deleting, I thought you were referring to the actual TV show and not completely erase them from your purchase history. Itunes will always need a paper trail of items that you purchased with you credit card so you can not actually delete them, you can only "hide them" Do you have concerns over that particular TV show?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
just do not want tgem I got them from gift card if I change accounts can I bring only what I want and leave what I don't want and deleate that account?
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.
Well to start, you can not actually delete your itunes account. You can only sign out and sign in with a different apple ID. What you will need to do is to create a new Apple ID if you have not done so already. Then sign out of your current apple ID and then sign back in with your new one. Moving forward you can make purchases using that new apple Id however when ever you are referenced with a purchase that is attached to your current apple Id, you will need to enter the password XXXXX it. If you would like to start fresh, you can create a brand new itunes library and re-download items you wish to keep then sign out of your old itunes account and then sign in with your new one and keep the new one moving forward. ( I hope that make sense :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok not sure how to do that but will try
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.
I can help you. Which part do you not know how to do?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
if I have a gift card can I transfer credit?
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.
No I am sorry, itunes gift cards can only be used on one account and are not transferable.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok I made a new account how do I transfer the things that I want on my other acount
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.
The easiest option is to just sign out of your current itunes account and then sign in with the new one. To sign out, choose Store from the top menu and then choose sign out. Then Choose store again and choose Sign in. Enter your new apple ID information
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok so I will still be able to access my other account if I get a new computer nd get all my songs back
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.
Yup! Just sign in then click on Store in the left column. Under "Quick Links" there is a "Purchased" tab. You will see all of your purchases there and re-download them
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you and I will be able to get songs for both accounts on my ipod correct?
Expert:  Michelle replied 4 years ago.
Yes you will. If it is an ipod touch, you can download it straight from the device. Open itunes on your ipad and then choose More at the bottom bar and then select "Purchased" If it is a normal ipod, you can sync it directly from itunes