Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hey ashik, you still out there I have another question

8/5/2013
Mike, Mac Medic
Unless your file is very short and low resolution that would be problematic as most email accounts only allow about 20 MB or less for attachments. I suggest you use a file service like Dropbox, you can get a fee 2 GB account then you upload the file and send the share link in an email from there:

dropbox.com

Let me know if you need help.

can I send MP3's with this?

Do I have to set up an account.

Yes go to the site and sign up. They may block copyrighted MP3s as most services do.

okay ill sign up and then you can show me

Once you download the software and sign in to that account you create it will create a Dropbox folder usually in your Documents folder then anything you put in that folder is uploaded to Dropbox as well as any other computer you have it installed on using that same account..

okay I have an account

Did you download and install the software?

https://www.dropbox.com/install2

yes, I think

OK do you see a folder called Dropbox in your User folder? Open Macintosh HD / Users / then your Username folder.... and an icon at the top of the screen like this?

graphic

okay

Does that mean yes or no?

yes dropbox installed

You should go through this tour also:

https://www.dropbox.com/tour

Anything you drag to your Dropbox folder is uploaded to Dropbox, then you can get a link to share it is all explained in the tour. Let me know if you need help.

so let's go back to final cut pro X. I have a project I want to render and share through dropbox (I assume) I need the steps to get the project to dropbox

You must have been doing that with Ashik. It does not matter what format you use as the size can be anything below 2 GB in Dropbox. What matters is who will be downloading it. What is the purpose of the video and who will be downloading it?

The purpose of this video is a test.

I make ads for a supplement company and need a universal way to send the material one or many media type outlets.

OK then if it is for broadcast it should be the highest quality. Many outlets have their own requirements.... do you know what they are?

no pick one for test purpose, I want to send to people to view on their computer

I suggest you export as Masterfile with theses Settings below, your resolution may be different depending on the source material.

graphic

no place to share under file, but have a share on same line with file, edit, view etc.

When I go to share I can't bring anything up

That's weird are you sure FCP X is up to date? Anyway same thing

Hey Mike,

Still need more help but I have an appointment. can we talk in the am to figure this thing out

Ok

Hey mike, Back to this rendering thing, as of now I'm looking at my cut piece on the timeline that I want to render and send.

When I open the dropbox icon it allows me to name the file I want to send.

Now what.

waiting for response,

Sorry for the delay. Just save it into the Dropbox folder in your Username or "Home" folder
Once the movie is in the Dropbox folder it will sync with the Dropbox website and the icon at the top of your screen will change to a box with a green check mark. Then sign into the website and you will see the file. You can share that with a link that you then send to your recipient.
Mike, Mac Medic
Mike, Mac Medic