Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have deactivated my Rosetta Stone so that I can install it…

Customer Question
I have deactivated my Rosetta...
I have deactivated my Rosetta Stone so that I can install it on a new computer.
I put in the first disc--the application CD. It went through the entire install, but I was never given a choice of "Add a language level." The instructions with the CD's say that I have to choose "Add a Language Level."

Since I didn't have that choice, nothing happens when I put in the first language CD.

My CD's are version 4 (v4.1.10)

My new computer is a MAC Airbook
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
8/2/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 years ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

I think, the installation from the first disk complete successfully. When the installation is complete, you can find Rosetta Stone in the Applications folder. Then you need to launch Rosettastone. The first time you launch Rosetta Stone you install your language files. Click Add a Language Level. Please download this Quick Start guide It explains the steps with images.

Regards
Jins

Thank you for your response.

I had thought of that too. I did start Rosetta Stone from the applications folder and the only thing that came up was a message that there was a new update as of 31 July 2013. I told it to go ahead and update. It took maybe 6 minutes and didn't open again so I went to the applications folder and opened it and then again the only thing that came up was the update request and the only choices were to update or quit. I did it once more and I think I restarted my computer, thinking maybe it needed that. Before I bought the Airbook I had called Rosetta and they had assured me that I would not need to buy new CDs. This was an expensive software and I'm understandable upset about it.

Okay, when it recommend the update just click on quit and check what is happening then.

Regards
Jins
Hello Sir, when you cancel the update notification what happens ? Is the full program quits ?

Regards
Jins