Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My GoVideo DVD is not showing up on my computer, although it

Customer Question
is playing. I need help...
My GoVideo DVD is not showing up on my computer, although it is playing. I need help in setting it up. It has been a while since I used it and may have changed the setup. I am using a Roxio adapter for my Mac. I have done this easily previously. Can someone walk me through the steps? Natalie
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/1/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist replied 4 years ago
Daniel Whelan
Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist

Daniel Whelan :

Hi Natalie, I will try to help but can I ask why you are trying to connect a dvd player to a mac? You could just play dvd's from the mac. Please tell me the model of the go video dvd and the roxio adapter you are using? When was the last time it worked and what has changed since?

JACUSTOMER-2iv8pvqp- :

Daniel:
This is the first time that I have used Just Answer and am not familiar with the process. I see that you had asked what I had done so far and I answered. Is there any way to chat back and forth or use a phone? My GoVideo is working but I am not seeing it on my Mac. I need to be guided through the steps.

Optional Information:
Product: iMac
What have you tried so far?: I have set up the Go Video through RCA cables to the Roxio Adaptors as well as the SVideo connectors to the Roxio Adaptors which are connected to the USB port. Nothing shows up on my computer. I have numerous DVD's that were made by copying SVHS tapes using my GoVideo machine several years ago. Some were never finalized and will not play in my Mac or DVD player. I am having a problem setting up the GoVideo in order to complete my task. Is it possible to speak on the phone to walk me through this? Natalie

JACUSTOMER-2iv8pvqp- :

When will I get some help with my questions?

JACUSTOMER-2iv8pvqp- :

The reason that I am using a Go Video is because in the past I transferred my library of SVHS tapes to DVD in order to save the video for future editing. Later I connected the Go Video to my iMac so that I could do edits on the computer. Sometimes I went back to the original SVHS tapes, If I still had them , and copied that into the iMac for edits with less generation loss.

JACUSTOMER-2iv8pvqp- :

Now when trying to play or edit the many DVD's that were copied from SVHS, some of them will not play and I get a message that they are blank disks. I have placed notes with these DVD's that they were not finalized. That is my reason for needing to hook the Go Video up to my iMac....to finalize the projects so that they will play,

JACUSTOMER-2iv8pvqp- :

The GoVideo DVD Recorder+VCR3930 is the one that I am using as well as a Roxio VHS to DVD for Mac adapter.

JACUSTOMER-2iv8pvqp- :

***Even though,in the past, I was able to play VHS and finalized DVD's in the Go Video, now the machine is on and running (showing that it is tracking the play) but I am seeing nothing on my computer. That is why I think that I do not have the machine connected correctly. I could send you a photo showing how it is connected. I have gone to the manual and it looks as if this is the correct hook up. I have completely forgotten what I did previously.

JACUSTOMER-2iv8pvqp- :
file://localhost/Users/natalifordon/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Masters/2013/08/01/20130801-202503/photo.JPGfile://localhost/Users/natalifordon/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Masters/2013/08/01/20130801-202450/photo.JPG
JACUSTOMER-2iv8pvqp- :
file://localhost/Users/natalifordon/Desktop/Roxio.JPGfile://localhost/Users/natalifordon/Desktop/photo.JPG
JACUSTOMER-2iv8pvqp- :

I was trying to send 2 photos showing the way I have them hooked up. They don't seem to be going out as thumbnails and I don't know if you will be able to open them.

Daniel Whelan :

OK, I'll do some research and come back to you later.

JACUSTOMER-2iv8pvqp- :

Since I have not received any information regarding my question, other than that you will get back to me, I had to rate this as poor service. I cannot chat in the middle of the night and it you must be out of my time zone, I will try another site for assistance. Not your fault, although something is wrong. I have figured out how to connect to my GoVideo to my computer now and have it operating as it did it the past.

JACUSTOMER-2iv8pvqp- :

I still have not been able to finalize the original disc using the computer hookup, although I am copying the video. I haven't given up yet. Sorry about the low rating but there must be a problem with me receiving information.

Mac Support Specialist: Lindie-mod,
 replied 4 years ago
Lindie-mod

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Best,

Lindie

I cannot wait any longer to resolve my issues and will look for other resources for answers. Thank you for letting me know that you were still trying to find someone who could help me. Natalie

Daniel Whelan
Daniel Whelan
Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist