Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

my mini Ipad is frozen. The icloud backup window came up last

my mini Ipad is frozen. The icloud backup window came up last night saying I hadn;t backed up in 2 weeks. I hit "ok" but nothing happens and I cannot shut the device off or do anything. please help.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.

Do not skip that it is important.

It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.

Try this at least 6 times.

The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did recharge. Last night. And I did plug in again this morning. It is now at 100% charge. I tried holding down the power switch for 60 seconds several times. the main issue is that this "window" which has appeared before, saying that I have not backed up to the icloud in more than 2 weeks, will NOT go away. I touch the "ok" bar, and it kind of "depresses" but it does not fully "take" and the window stays open. This is preventing anything anything else from happening on the ipad.

.
As I said in my response even if it is fully charged, and even if it does not look like it is charging do not skip that step it is important. Make sure to use a different outlet as well.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have done those steps now several times and the situation is the same. The battery was showing about 65% last night. This morning is was at 100%. I have charged it in three different outlets. I have held the power switch down six times for more than a minute. Nothing happens. the key item is that the "icloud" window telling me I need to backup is up on the screen, and when I touch it to say "ok" it does not go away. This is preventing anything else from being done on the ipad.

.
Ok since it is still not responding we will need to force it to turn off.
To do that you need to remove the battery.

You can do that by following the steps in this video: Click Here
If you get stuck at all let me know.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.

Hi My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You don't have to remove the battery. That will void the warranty or it will even damge your iPad. All you need to do is, do a simple reset. Press and hold the Power button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds or until the Apple logo appears. That will force reboot your iPad.

If my answer, please rate this answer Positively.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I do NOT want to remove the battery. That looks VERY complicated. I just did that reset and it worked. YOU should get the fee, not Freddy. His directions were NOT correct.

If you want to pay me, you can rate my answer. Then I will get the credit for helping you. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Have a great day,
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience: Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc