Ernest Agyare
Ernest Agyare, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAC AND A MAC USER
74848643

I am using Pagemaker 6.5 on a Mac running OS 9.2 and have now

I am using Pagemaker 6.5 on a Mac running OS 9.2 and have now run up against error 8018:20551. Is there a way to fix this problem? I know—I am years behind.

ErnestAgyare :

good morning my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you

ErnestAgyare :

please let me know when you are available so we can start

Customer:

Ernest, I am ready

ErnestAgyare :

ok just to let you know i also have adobe support on the line as well

ErnestAgyare :

From my research of that error...its an internal error that closes PM when appears correct?

Customer:

correct, I can open pagemaker, but if I try to save or other commands it closes

ErnestAgyare :

there are two solutions

ErnestAgyare :

1.)saving all your information on either icloud or using the time machine.....then reinstalling your operating system then loading PM

ErnestAgyare :

2.) upgrading to PM 7..by contact adobe and telling them of this issue ...they will give you a discount on it....because they are aware of this random internal error

ErnestAgyare :

i hope this helps you a bit...i am still here and have not gone anywhere ....let me know if you wish to exercise one of those solutions

Customer:

How different is PM 7 and does it work on OS 9

ErnestAgyare :

i am unsure if it works with OS 9 i am sure it should...but let me research that for you please give me one second to do that

ErnestAgyare : Adobe Pagemaker 7

System requirements

Windows

• Intel® Pentium® processor

• Microsoft® Windows NT® 4.0 with Service Pack 6, Windows® 2000 Professional with Service Pack 2, Windows XP Professional or Home Edition

• 32MB of available RAM (48MB or more recommended)

• 175MB of available hard-disk space for installation (200MB or more recommended)

• Video card with 800x600 resolution and 8-bit/256 colors (24-bit, high-resolution display recommended)

• CD-ROM drive

• For Adobe® PostScript® printers: Adobe PostScript Level 2 or later

Macintosh

• PowerPC® processor

• Mac OS 9.1 or Mac OS X (Classic mode only)

• 30MB of available RAM (45MB recommended)

• 150MB of available hard-disk space for installation (200MB recommended)

• 800x600 monitor resolution with 8-bit/256 colors (24-bit, high-resolution screen display recommended)

• CD-ROM drive

• For Adobe PostScript printers: Adobe PostScript Level 2 or later

ErnestAgyare :

please let me know if you are able to see this information i just posted from the adobe site

Customer:

I see your info

ErnestAgyare :

is that helpful ?

ErnestAgyare :

i think that should work with your OS...from what i am gathering it is a random error and those are the only know fixes

Customer:

Is it a glitch in PM or the OS? or both? Can I just deep six the PM file and start over or is an OS install required?

ErnestAgyare :

it is definitely a PM glitch..from reading on it ...it is basically the OS shutting down PM after that glitch ...you can try that but the representative from adobe was very sure those were the only sure fix..but i am just like you i always like to try new things ...so give that a shot and see

Customer:

Thanks Ernest, I will try one of the two or flounder along. The problem started because of trying commands to quickly I believe.

ErnestAgyare :

no problem ...is there anything i can assist you while you have me here...