Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

cannot "connect" Gen 2 ipad to internet...continual response

Customer Question
cannot "connect" Gen 2...
cannot "connect" Gen 2 ipad to internet...continual response is "incorrect password" when factually the password XXXXX XXXXX!!!!
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
7/18/2013
Mac Support Specialist: James, Sr. Mac Support Expert replied 4 years ago
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert

Did you try to reset the ipad's network settings, or reset the network router yet?

Thanks,

J.

not sure how to do either of these things, can you walk me through?

Certainly, let's do both as our first troubleshooting step.

Please disconnect the router from the wall power for one minute, then reconnect, and wait a couple of minutes for it to come back online.

On the iPad, go to the Settings app (looks like a gear).
Go to General.
Touch Reset.
Touch Reset Network Settings.

Let the iPad do the reset and reboot.

Now try to connect again - any better?

Thanks!

J.

did connect and reconnect

no setting icon...seems to be stuck on sign in page-is there a way to bring it back to square 1?

Push the Home button (the one with the square on the bottom).

If that doesn't work, hold the Home and Power button together for a full minute.

What happens?

holding for 1 minute returned I pad to opening page which simply reads

"I pad" No "home" icon was available

Here is a picture that shows the iPad settings icon, marked by a red circle.

Can you find it?

cannot get to that page-log in to ipad is requiring a password to enter the system. is there a way to get past that?

Please tell me exactly what you see on the screen, including the message. Thanks.

upon turning on the ipad there is a title screen which says "Ipad" and has a slide bar at the bottom

Okay, good.
Slide the bar from left to right.

What happens?

done-goes to "start setup" w/no other choices

That's fine, it happens the first time. Go ahead and continue with setup. Let me know if you get stuck, and if so, what you see.

J.

gets stuck at "choose a network" selected users internet account-requests password-correct password entered-will not accept- any way around this?

There should be a SKIP button to skip this step.

forces a choice of network followed by request for password-only available choices are cancel, enter password or back

What happens if you hit Cancel?

goes back to "choose a network"

If you push the Home button, it doesn't exit to the home screen?

no. have found correct password-hallelujah-but now is saying "no network connection"

Okay.

Turn it off, and then back on (hold Power untill you see the request to turn off).

Go through setup again, and use the correct password.

Does it connect?

went through all steps...stops at "choose a network"

I'd like to start a remote support session with you. This mean I'll be able to look at your screen together with you, and help you personally.

Would that be ok with you?

Appreciated!

J.

that will be WONDERFUL!!!!!
JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO...

Thank you.

Please click here to start.

Important - if we are NOT connected within 5 minutes, something is NOT working right.
Please come back to justanswer.com and let me know - we will try something else!

Thanks,

J.
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert