Daniel Whelan
Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Support Professional, Full Time Mac Technical Manager for 8+ years, HND Photography
20625641

My internet connection to my MacBook Pro keeps falling down.

Customer Question

My internet connection to my MacBook Pro keeps falling down. Diagnostics tells me 'Network change detected'. When I press ok it usually resumes, but after a while falls out again.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel Whelan replied 4 years ago.

Daniel Whelan :

Hi, Do you have any other computers attached to the wireless internet connection and if so do they have the same problem?

JACUSTOMER-wjt2sydl- :

From time to time other Macs are attached and experience the same problem.

Daniel Whelan :

so the problem is the wireless router and not the mac. In the short term you could try the following on your mac. Go to system preferences-network. With "Airport" highlighted on the left hand pane click advanced, then click "TCP/IP" tab. Write down the IPv4 address, subnet mask and router numbers. Then change Configure IPv4 from "Using DHCP" to manually. Type in the numbers you just wrote down and click ok. Then click Apply. Then try and use the internet for a while and let me know if it comes up with the problem again.

JACUSTOMER-wjt2sydl- :

internet was down again, same message

Daniel Whelan :

OK. Go back to "using DHCP", click ok, then click Apply. What is the make and model number of your wireless router?

JACUSTOMER-wjt2sydl- :

I have a b box 2 by Belgacom, my internet provider (Belgium)

Daniel Whelan :

I cant locate a manual on their website, I think the best thing is to call Belgacom technical service dept free on 0800 55 800 and explain the problem.