Mac

Its easy to setup "gust account" from Windows for others to…

It's easy to setup "gust...
It's easy to setup "gust account" from Windows for others to log on to, how to do this on a MacBookPro tat runs on OS X10.8?... Read full answer
It's easy to setup "gust account" from Windows for others to log on to, how to do this on a MacBookPro tat runs on OS X10.8?
7/13/2013
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

You need to go to system preferences - users and groups and can enable the guest account from there.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click Users & Groups.
Click the lock icon to unlock it, and then type an administrator name and password.
Select Guest User in the list of accounts.
To let a guest user log in to the computer, select “Allow guests to log in to this computer.”

This link will walk you through th steps if you need additional security set up.

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11321

Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Thank you
Vinod
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I keep getting a No Available Windows when I try to open
I keep getting a No Available Windows when I try to open Safari, Mail, or anything else. … read more
Aaron B
Aaron B
Computer Repair Technician,
I have purchased Final Cut Pro and had it downloaded to my
I have purchased Final Cut Pro and had it downloaded to my MacBookPro, but also want it usable on my MacOS HighSierra 10.13.16 desktop. How can I have it installed on my desltop Mac? … read more
Justin Johnson
Justin Johnson
Owner,
I received an email that my account was locked due to your
I received an email that my account was locked due to your not being able to charge my account. I tried logging in and enter my password ***** was told to contact apple support. Can you help me get th… read more
Stop searching for answers—
I would like an inexpensive, larger monitor for my
Second opinion] I would like an inexpensive, larger monitor for my macBookPro. Are the View Sonic monitors good ones and are they compatible with apple … read more
Hoello, I gust bought a second hand iphone 6 and it has the
Hoello, I gust bought a second hand iphone 6 and it has the original owner's apple id, so is it possible to remove it from here … read more
AnswersByEric
AnswersByEric
Software Developer,
Someone s using my apple charge account tat is not
Someone s using my apple charge account tat is not authorized … read more
David L
David L
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
Trouble with password. MacBookPro. I have a second computer
I have a second computer which my family gave m;e, They used a password ***** I had used on this computer. I now cannot get on line on either one, I do not want the new computer it has caused nothing but problems, … read more
Senior Engineer,
I made a short video on my MacBookPro but my stick does not
I made a short video on my MacBookPro but my stick does not play on the TV. Is that because MacBookPro records it on QuickTime and the TV does not play QuickTime sticks (or flashdrive sticks because o… read more
Jon
Jon
Bachelors Degree
I setup more than one users name/logon PW on the same
I setup more than one users name/logon PW on the same MacBookPro, since only use one user name for a long time and forgot the other use names. When I log off from one, the computer does not automatica… read more
I get an error message on my macBookPro, when I try to log
I get an error message on my macBookPro, when I try to log into google, "Your connection is not private. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.com (for example, pass… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience
Incoming skype calls are not ringing on my mac book pro. All
Incoming skype calls are not ringing on my mac book pro. All other sound operates normally.… read more
IT Consultant / Systems Engineer,
Hello I just got my HDR-TD20V, plugged it to my Laptop (MacbookPro
Hello I just got my HDR-TD20V, plugged it to my Laptop (MacbookPro with Windows 7 OS running in Bootcamp) and eventhough the camera recognized that there was a connection to the computer, asked me to … read more
Ryan Ford
Ryan Ford
Stop searching for answers—
I have established 2 iTunes accounts accidentally. This happened
I have established 2 iTunes accounts accidentally. This happened because I had a new email address when I purchase a new MacBookPro. I am one person, with numerous apple products (one iMac, 2 MacBook … read more
Quality Assurance Engineer, Entrepreneur,
I just bought a MacBooKPro laptop, my printer HP Laser Jet
I just bought a MacBooKPro laptop, my printer HP Laser Jet 1020 does not seem to work with this computer. However, it did work with my previous Dell laptop. Question , what's wrong ?… read more
Mac Tech
Mac Tech
Apple Specialist,
I am running FCP 7.0 on MacBookPro OS 10.6.8, the EOS plugin
I am running FCP 7.0 on MacBookPro OS 10.6.8, the EOS plugin is no longer working properly when I open my log and transfer window. The interface is missing the left side window components: gear icon, … read more
Mac Support Specialist,
I am using MobileMe to sync two Apple computers (MacbookPro
I am using MobileMe to sync two Apple computers (MacbookPro and MacBook), an iPhone, and an iPad. Formerly, I used Entourage and iCal/Address Book and information from those was synced with what I now… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
the driver for my wifi is gone how and or where can i downlo
the driver for my wifi is gone how and or where can i download another driver?how much longer must i wait for an answer?… read more
Pat
Pat
I have an MacBookPro (Mac OS X Version 10.5.7) and an IMac
I have an MacBookPro (Mac OS X Version 10.5.7) and an IMac (Mac OS X version 10.5.5). Each are connected to the same wireless network. It would be helpful if I could access information (Word files) on… read more
Self Employed Macintosh Consultant,