Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am moving from PC to Apple and have several large (over 1

GB) in powerpoint format that...
I am moving from PC to Apple and have several large (over 1 GB) in powerpoint format that i need to put into keynote format. How can i accomplish this task?
7/11/2013
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Latest Keynote application on Mac support PowerPoint documents. You can directly open the PowerPoint files on Keynote, but there might be some formatting issues.

To move those files from your PC to Mac, you can use Apple's Migration Assistant. See here : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4796

Or you can copy those presentations to an external hard drive and then copy them to your Mac form the external hard drive. Then you can directly open those PowerPoint documents on your Keynote.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician

I attempted to place the presentations on an SD card and use a lightning to USB adapter to retrieve the presentation on my ipad mini but cannot figure how to find the sd card once plugged into my ipad mini. How do i see what is on the sd card from my ipad mini?

I believe you can't import the presentations to your iPad directly from SD Card. You can only import photos form the SD card to your iPad.

To transfer presentations to your iPad, you need to install apps that support them like Keynote, Document to Go etc on your iPad. Then you have to transfer the presentations or documents directly from your PC through iTunes to your iPad (File Sharing option). See here : http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094

The best option is, get a USB Flash Drive (16GB one if possible), then move those presentations to the flash drive from your PC, then connect the flash drive to your Mac and copy them to your Mac.

Best Regards,
Ashik, Mac Technician