Mac

macbook A1181 13" white 2.2ghz will not power on.

Customer Question
macbook A1181 13" white 2.2ghz will not power on.... Read full answer
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
7/8/2013
Mac Support Specialist: David, Mac Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
David, Mac Support Specialist
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions.

In the steps you tried, you say you tried reset with battery out. Can you tell me exactly what that step was in detail?

Thank you,
David.

I removed the battery, and magsafe, held power button for 20 seconds. Plugged magsafe back in a pressed power again.

Thanks for your reply.

This is unlikely, but worth a try.

The Mac may have downloaded a firmware update, and it is in the middle of that process.

Connect the MagSafe and insert the battery.

Press and hold the power button until the power indicator light flashes, there will be a loud long tone.

If this is heard, then the rest of the firmware install will happen and your Mac will be back to normal.

This only will happen if your Mac is stuck in a firmware update, so please let me know how this goes.

Sincerely,
David.

how long do i hold it? its been about a minute and nothing

I am also certain that my wife had not started and updates upon leaving the machine and I also did not.

BTW held the power button for about 3 minutes and nothing.

In that case you have been as thorough as can be, and there is nothing else for this but a hardware repair i'm afraid.

I could just be a power connection, up to being the main logic board.

Do you need any help finding the closest authorised service provider?

Sincerely,
David.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
How's it going man...ok, coming for advice/opinion...Which
second opinion] How's it going man...ok, coming for advice/opinion...Which Macbook Pro would you recommend bud? I understand that is somewhat of a vauge question, but I have to upgrade considering tha… read more
Divyansh Pagaria
Divyansh Pagaria
I have a MacBook 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo (A1181 late 2006). A
I have a MacBook 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo (A1181 late 2006). A number of times during my use of Firefox, the hardware automatically shuts down?… read more
Senior Engineer,
I tried to upgrade my MacBook 2.16 mod A1181 and it worked
I tried to upgrade my MacBook 2.16 mod A1181 and it worked fine until I lost safari.in trying to download safari I got a white page and nothing else . Saw some buttons depression sequences but can't f… read more
Stop searching for answers—
I have an early 08 13" Macbook and would like to get a reasonably
I have an early 08 13" Macbook and would like to get a reasonably priced external battery pack. Any recommendations?… read more
Michelle
Michelle
Software Engineer,
hello dear, i am using Powerbook G4 15"(aluminum) but just
hello dear, i am using Powerbook G4 15"(aluminum) but just recent bought the Macbook 13" (white). My Question is how do i transfer my data/files from my old Powerbook to my new Macbook? thanks.… read more
Hi John, Im Computer IT engineer ComTIA A+ and ITIL certified.
Hi John, I'm Computer IT engineer ComTIA A+ and ITIL certified. I will like a second option if my thinking process is correct. I trying to fix an A1181 Macbook my friend has given me and also upgradin… read more
Senior Engineer,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have an 08 MacBook, White, 13". On a rare occasion, when
I have an 08 MacBook, White, 13". On a rare occasion, when I power it up there is an immediate clicking sound and after about 30 seconds the screen stays white and a "file" icon with a "?" starts flas… read more
MacTechTrainer
MacTechTrainer
I just bought a white A1181 laptop. It was wiped clean, then
I just bought a white A1181 laptop. It was wiped clean, then installed with Mac OS X 10.7. When i try to boot the laptop there's a blank screen. I can hear the voice instructions for set up, but there… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
I have an Apple Macbook (Model No. A1181). On startup, a flashing
I have an Apple Macbook (Model No. A1181). On startup, a flashing question mark appeared contained within a folder icon. I lokked up possib le solutions in the User Guide. Suggested holding down the o… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience
Tech specialist, Can you build a 13" Macbook with the
Hello tech specialist, Can you build a 13" Macbook with the following specs. of a 17" macbook? And if not a 15"? Please quote a price Thanks, Mike Macbook Pro 17" Core i7 Quad Core 2.2Ghz 8 Gigabytes … read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Hi Ive changed my macbook (13inch mid 2007) keyboard. With
Hi I've changed my macbook (13inch mid 2007) keyboard. With the new one (i've ordered the one for A1181 model), i push start button then grey screen + apple tone then black screen. I've tried reset pr… read more
Mac Genius,
Just bought a new battery for my mac book and it doesnt seem
Just bought a new battery for my mac book and it doesn't seem to working. do I have to reset anything Thanks Nikki… read more
Mac Tech
Mac Tech
Apple Specialist,
Stop searching for answers—
Mine is a Apple Macbook A1181 - black. Can u tell me if the
Mine is a Apple Macbook A1181 - black. Can u tell me if the hard disk on the link is suitable. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-WD-Blue-250gb-2-5-SATA-Laptop-Hard-Drive-PS3-Comp-/400135077499?cmd=ViewItem&pt… read more
Jesse
Jesse
Apple Consultant,
Some College
Re 2.4GHz (Penryn) MacBook 13 M#A1181 with sleeper switch. Problem
Re: 2.4GHz (Penryn) MacBook 13" M#A1181 with "sleeper" switch. Problem: Intermittently won't turn on following water damage left side (while in backpack with water bottle rupture). Works perfectly, or… read more
Omar C
Omar C
Computer Information Systems Analyst,
A Model #A1181 MacBook has been given to our church, without
A Model #A1181 MacBook has been given to our church, without a power cord. Which one do we need to find for it? I have Microsoft Office that I can add to it. What else can I expect to find when I can … read more
Self Employed Macintosh Consultant,
Hi, I have a Macbook that I bought in 2007, black, 13 inch
Hi, I have a Macbook that I bought in 2007, black, 13 inch and it will not boot up. When the lid is closed the small white light is on as when it is asleep but when I open it is not and nothing happen… read more
Self Employed Macintosh Consultant,
I have the white screen on my Macbook on start up (no icons,
I have the white screen on my Macbook on start up (no icons, no question marks, just white... all the time) and have researched everywhere and seen everything from bad LCD screens to Hard drive failur… read more
Self Employed Macintosh Consultant,
i dropped my mac in tech the other day and it jus showed up
i dropped my mac in tech the other day and it jus showed up with a white screen. i can hear the start up chime and when you press the volume buttons you could here the volume going up and down.. i too… read more
IEEE Datacommunication Engineer,