Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

my ipad got disabled because of a Zagg keyboard. I forgot

Customer Question
my ipad got disabled because...
my ipad got disabled because of a Zagg keyboard. I forgot to turn the keyboard off. What now?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
7/7/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 4 years ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Sorry to hear that your ipad got disabled...:(

Unfortunately, the only way to get out of it is to restore the ipad to factory settings.

If you had synced your ipad with your computer earlier (prior to getting disabled), just open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. Now your ipad name would be listed in itunes. Click on the ipad name and you will have an option "backup". Backup and then click on the restore button.

If you have never synced your ipad with the computer -
Open itunes in the computer and connect the ipad. Now, on the ipad, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec.

Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an ipad in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Restore the ipad now and finally select the option "set up as new".

Hope this helps. Let me know if you find any difficulty. You can also take a look at the following website

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

Thank You
Vinod

I didn't need to follow your instructions. When I turned the iPad on and entered my password, it was like the problem never ocurred.

You first suggestion should have been to wait the requisite time and reboot. Then the next logical question would have been - is there still a problem?

Also, you didn't mention anything about the Zagg keyboard...

I am sorry, Steve.

When the ipad says it is disabled, to restore is the troubleshooting process. If the ipad says it is disabled, it will give you 1 minute and then try again. If you don't enter it correct again for 2-3 times, it will be permanently disabled and restore is required. You never mentioned that it had given you a time frame to try the next attempt and I thought your ipad was permanently disabled.

This is the apple support site for that and you can have a look at that too

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

Anyway, good to know that your ipad is back up and running. You don't need to rate my service and you can go for a refund if you need.

The zagg keyboard should not be a problem. The only problem was that you entered the wrong password. I don't think you have anything to fear on that.

Vinod Menon, Support Specialist