Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Why cant Safari download things on my iPad

Customer Question
Why can't Safari download things...
Why can't Safari download things on my iPad
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
7/7/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 4 years ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you.

Unfortunately, ipad/iphone/ipod is not designed to download anything using safari (except pictures). You will only be able to download from the app store/itunes store. You will be able to download files using different browsers, but you will not be able to open those anyway. Not sure why apple has designed it like that.

However, you can download pictures from websites. You just need to tap and hold on the picture/image until you get the option "save image". So if you are trying to download only an image, just tap and hold on it for 2-3 seconds.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Thank You
Vinod
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist