Daniel Whelan
Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Apple Certified Support Professional, Full Time Mac Technical Manager for 8+ years, HND Photography
20625641

I have an Epson 837 color printer which I love for printing

I have an Epson 837 color printer which I love for printing photos. I wanted a second one for our summer home and trusted my husband to get the same one. instead, he purchased the Epson 600, with which I can do nothing right, no matter how I adjust it. It consistently prints photos with a purplish tint. I am going to get rid of it, but I want to know if this is typical of the 600 model.

ErnestAgyare :

have you replaced the cartridge

Hello Sir. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Please run a Nozzle check and Print Head cleaning with the help of Epson support program installed on your system. Check and reply me the result.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately, no, I have done nothing to the heads. Since it was brand new, it never occurred to me that anything would or should need any kind of maintenance. My brother-in-law set it up before it was brought up here by my husband, and when I began to print photos with it, I assumed he had everything in place. And now my husband has just left to go pack to our primary home and workplace and taken the 600 with him to exchange it. I contacted you to find out if the Epson 600 was possibly known to be inferior to the 837 for color photo printing.
837 is superior
Ernest Agyare, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MAC AND A MAC USER
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was satisfied. I am sure I got the right answer. I think that I expected a few more details about the two different printers as an educational experience for myself, as I always want to learn as much as I can about whatever I am working with.

Hi, I can give you some good general advice. If you have a printer that creates a tint that you dont want you could create a "colorsync/icc" profile. That tells the printing software of the characteristics of the printer and compensates for it. However creating you own colorsync profiles requires specialist hardware and software that is more expensive than the printer itself. However there are companies who can create colorsync/icc profiles for you. Andrew Rodney at digital dog (www.digitaldog.net) is one of the foremost colour guys in America and creates them for $100 (I have no affiliation to Andrew) so that would be your best option. Having a custom colorsync/icc profile will get the best out of any current or future printer.
Daniel Whelan, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Apple Certified Support Professional, Full Time Mac Technical Manager for 8+ years, HND Photography