Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.
10156100

Ipod shuffle, model no ma978ll, version 1.1.3 say 0kb used,

Ipod shuffle, model no ma978ll, version 1.1.3 say 0kb used, 0 kb free, but it's a 4 gig?

Thanks for asking your question, my name is ***** ***** will be glad to assist you.

Do you have any music on the shuffle?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not when i look thru the shuffle, however when i hook it up to my mac i see three albums?

OK,

Your iPod shuffle model is a 4GB. There maybe a issue with the software on the device.

They restoring it to factory settings through iTunes. Then you can re-sync any music from your PC back to the shuffle.

Connect the shuffle to your iTunes PC, click on the shuffle under devices on the left pane.

On the right side you will see a "Restore" button. Click on it to wipe and restore the shuffle to factory settings. After it has restore re-sync the music back to the device.

Let me know how you make out. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When i open itunes, there is no left pane like im used to seeing?

OK,

The new version of iTunes they hide it by default and make it tough to get it to show.

First, top left there is a small square icon with drop down arrow. Click on it and then click on "Show Menu Bar" from the drop down.

Now you will see the Menu bar (File, Edit, View, etc...). Click on "View" from the drop down click on "Show Sidebar".

Now you will see the side bar with devices listed. Click on your Shuffle then on the right menu which shows the device info. Click on Restore and let the device restore through iTunes. When it completes sync the music back.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

to avoid confusion, this is what i see when i open my itunes

http://screencast.com/t/2ACYp0gukikE

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i went to view and chose sidebar from there

now i do not see the shuffle on the sidebar

OK, your on a Mac.

Open iTunes and click on View top of the screen on the drop down click on "Show Sidebar.

Now you will see the sidebar.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

lol, i already posted to you, i went to view and chose sidebar from there

Is your shuffle connected to the Mac via the USB cable?

If so unplug and try re-connecting. Let me know how you make out.
Hi Nickee,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
If in the future you have any further questions please save my site profile. So you can reach me directly.
www.ITCrisAnswers.com
Let me know,
Cris
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is attached by cable, I did unplug and replug, its still not showing on the mac, i also tried a couple different cords

Is it possible to check another PC with iTunes to see if it gets recognized?

This can determine if there is some type of hardware failure with your iPod.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not getting a response on another computer either

OK, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it appears that the memory on the device has failed.

How long have you had the shuffle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Its been a while, I bought it Xmas from Gamestop used :/

Got it,

You can try a nearby apple store to see if they have any repair options. Or call Apple support but at this point it is pretty obvious there is a problem with the device.

Apple Support: 800-275-2273

If you have any further questions please let me know BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.