Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My Ipad screen is unresponsive. When I open an application

I cannot scroll down, access...
My Ipad screen is unresponsive. When I open an application I cannot scroll down, access any links..Also to connect to an icon I must click until a black line square surrounds it and then 2 taps to access ( then cant scroll) Cant' access pics etc, and Siri won't shut up. ipad approx. 6 months old and I thought to return to factory settings but I have so many pics and documents and purchased apps
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2013
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Even if it does not look like it is charging and even though it may be fully charged charge it using a different wall outlet than you normally do (a different room is best) for at least 10 minutes.

Do not skip that it is important.

It sounds like the firmware may be frozen try this and let me know the results hold the power switch for at least 60 seconds.

Try this at least 6 times.

The firmware can sometimes get frozen the same way that a computer will occasionally.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.

No change

.
Ok unfortunately the next step would be a factory reset.
Do you have a computer you can connect it to in order to backup the photos?
.

Am travelling so not at my fingertips. Will find one if you want to give me step by step instructions. (Including how I get the pics back on the Ipad)

.
Ok well first the apps are all connected to your apple account.
So those you can re-download without buying them again once you sign into it.

I am not sure which version of windows or Mac is going to be on the computer so I can not give you the exact steps.
However this page lists how to back them all up for each operating system individually: Click Here

You can then use iTunes to sync the pictures back onto it.
The steps on how to do that are listed here: Click Here

.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician

K, thanks Freddy...I will accomplish this later today. If I rate to finish and you are paid.. Is there anyway I can access you later and after if there is still a problem?

.
Yes even after rating you can still reply to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
When you back up the pictures make sure you double check with the iPad disconnected to be 100% sure they were moved to the computer.
.

thx.

.
Your welcome, and I hope you have a wonderful day.
If you have any trouble just let me know.
.

Hey Freddy...here's the problem...as the screen is frozen I cannot scroll down to the factory reset button.

.
The method I give you does not need you to use the screen.
.

but if I am going to reset to factory defaults I need to be able to scroll down Ipad to access the function

.
You can restore in iTunes which resets it to factory.
When connected to iTunes click on the iPad inside of iTunes.
Then click on the restore button.
.

ok,it seems it will be several hours (makes sense?) so I will let you know tomorrow how things went.

.
It can take a while if there is a lot of data on the iPad.
.
Freddy M.
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Technician