cyball83
cyball83,
50152684

Want to join online NA meetings. Sites state I need Java etc,

Want to join online NA meetings. Sites state I need Java etc, but can't find name of sites on your list of 102 sites. Help please.

John :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with website. I will try my best to help you

John :

Sir can you please explain more about the issue you are facing like are you trying to enable java in the website to start the online NA meeting ?

Customer: Yes, on the NA meeting website, in order to enter the chat room, I have to have Java, so I pressed on the link.
John :

OK on which web browser are you trying to view the chat ?is it Internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome or any other

Customer: Google
John :

Note:-Please bookmark/add to favorites this page, use that bookmark or favorites in case you accidentally close this page during this conversation. You can also get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer button in the email click on that and you can open this page.

John :

Can i screen share with your pc and check the problem. You can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that

Customer: Have saved to bookmark and yes we can screen share but I am not very computer literate.
John :

Its ok.

Here is the tool to do screen sharing it’s called join me to download that click on this link https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?installer=win&webdownload=true

Then download and install it once it’s installed open it and now in the join me tool click on the share button which is a play button in orange color that will generate a key. Let me know that key

Customer: My computer tells me Safari cannot download this file.
John :

Can you open Internet explorer in your PC

John :

Do not close this one

Customer: Sorry closed this one. Can't seem to download Explorer.
John :

You do not need to download Internet explorer.please do the following to open Internet explorer

John :

Click on start then look for Internet explorer icon which is a e like this

Full Size Image

John :

like this

Full Size Image

John :

you do not need to close this page you can minimize this and maximize it

Customer: By start do you mean search. It always takes me to download sites which I can't open. I also can't find anything with that picture. Sorry I am sounding so stupid.
John :

Its OK please try this screen share tool

Please click on this link http://166.78.231.170:8040/ then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your pc and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again also try the method it shows on screen connect window. Let me know once it’s connected. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know

Customer: Typed a reply, but don't think it went thru. When you say "start" do you mean search. It always takes me to download sites. I clicked on your pic and it gave the number 5148, but I don't think that is what you are asking for.
John :

No please scroll down the page to see my replies.by start menu i meant this one

Full Size Image

John :

In that image you can see a e which will open internet explorer

John :

It seems like you manage to click on the screen share link i gave above please continue with that

Customer: Link tajes me to App Store. My computer was originally registered in Trinidad and it's not available to that country, so I have to change to the South African store. Advice please.
John :

Is this a MAC system or windows PC?

Customer: Windows Apple iPad.
John :

Sir i haven't windows apple ipad
Sir is this a computer or ipad ?

Customer: Ipad
John :

Sorry sir i am not a ipad expert in the question it showed as XP PC that's why i took the case.i apologize for the inconvenience.i will open this case to the apple/ipad category

Customer: John thanks for all of your patience. I was obviously not clear at the beginning.
Customer: Need to go now. Will finish and take to an expert locally who can do the whole thing for me. Sorry for my stupidity.
John :

Its OK no worries.When another expert replies,you will be notified through your email and you can continue with apple/ipad expert.

Customer: Mant thanks and have a good day.
John :

You are welcome sir and Blessed day to you too.Bye
Regards
john

cyball83,
Experience: 
Hi, On your ipad you need to download the join.me app from the app store. Its a free program but you will need to enter your username and password. If the app is not available in trinidad you will have to choose another country.
There is a link here to show you how to do it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4mkB4_WOB5g
Did the above answer fix your problem? If so please rate my answer excellent, good or OK. If not we can continue working on the issue. Thank you.