Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

American Express advised that "Direct Connect" has to be rem

American Express advised that "Direct Connect" has to be removed from my computer. I contact Quicken to remove it. Quicken told me to contact Apple. XXXXX XXXXXXX

You can remove the direct connect feature in quicken by going to Tools menu > Account List. Click the Edit button of the account you are interested in. In the Account Details dialog, click the Online Services tab. Have you tried that?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I use Safari for my search engine. It does not have Tools menue. Therefore, your solution did not work for me.

XXXXX XXXXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Relist: Other. Ad I wrote to Brad, my search engine is Safari which does not have a Tools menu. Therefore his suggestion that go to Tools meno, account list, edit, online services would not work. XXXXX XXXXXXX

Hi, Thanks a lot for posting your query here. I am Jins here to assist you. Are you using Quicken 2007 for mac ? If not which version you are using ? There is a conflict with security certificates of most card providers and so direct updating from quicken 2007 have some issues. Let me know the version of quicken you are using, then I can give right instructions.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am using Quicken 2007. I also have downloaded Quicken 2007 Mac Lion.

XXXXX XXXXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am using Quicken 2007. Yesterday, I downloaded Quicken 2007 Lion.

XXXXX XXXXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You may start sharing.

Lloyd

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=43b721bc-8e13-4514-abe4-dde766851f4a&SUPPORT=NET

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Safari. The sharing of my screen was blocked.

Lloyd

Okay, allow it, please.

Click the link, open the downloads window, double click the Elsinore item, and allow it to run.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was not given the option of clicking the Elsinore item. Other techs have tried sharing my screen without success. I suspect that "Direct Connect" which we are trying to remove may be blocking sharing sessions.

Lloyd

When you open your Downloads window, do you see the Elsinore item? It will not automatically pop up.

You must open your downloads window and double click it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The downloads do not have an Elsinore item.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

I wish you luck,
- Jason
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think the problems reported by me should be passed onto the nexr expert.

I am sorry to loose Jason as he is so well qualified,

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away with your Mac issue, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, please continue to seek a professional. I beleave that if the professional could find and remove "Direct Connect" from my computer, the problem will be solved.

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.

Lindie

Hello Sir, I am Jins back here. Sorry for the delay in reply. Please follow the steps here to fix the issue. Then check and let me know the result.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
When I try to disable Direct Connect from my American Evpress Account, It tlls me that i have transactions in the Downlod window that need to be removed or accepted. I have removed all unnessary transactions. Ido not know how to accept the others. Also when I try to Download Quicken 2013, it will not download even though I paid for it.
Hello Sir, follow these instructions to resolve that issue.

Regards
Jins
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
Hi Sir, Thank you very much for the positive rating. Remember us, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-jinsmn/ Now let me file this question as closed.

Regards
Jins