Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

how can i block my stolen ipad? can i do it from my i-phon…

Customer Question
how can i block my...
how can i block my stolen ipad? can i do it from my i-phone??
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/3/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 5 years ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hi, I will assist,

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have the 4-digit passcode/number set on your iPad?

Viet - Mac Tech :

If you do, then you do not have to worry because the thief cannot get into your iPad since he/she does not know the passcode; the thief would have to reformat/reset the iPad to original factory settings in order to use it; everything will be wiped out from the iPad.

Viet - Mac Tech :

But to be safe and to block your Apple ID account from the thief, please change your Apple ID account password at the website https://appleid.apple.com/

Viet - Mac Tech :

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you,

Viet - Mac Tech :

(NOTE: It looks like the apple ID website https://appleid.apple.com/ is down right now, so please try again later. Thank you.)

JACUSTOMER-aiwqebqm- :

dear Sir,

JACUSTOMER-aiwqebqm- :

the reason i didnt reply to your request for rating is because i still didnt manage to block my i pad.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Hi, It's been about a week.

JACUSTOMER-aiwqebqm- :

Dear Sir,

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry, did you try my suggestion yet?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Did you see my reply/answer previously?

JACUSTOMER-aiwqebqm- :

dear sir

Viet - Mac Tech :

yes, please scroll up/down this web page in order to see all my replies.

JACUSTOMER-aiwqebqm- :

the reason i didnt rate your answer yet, is because i didnt manage to block my stolen i-pad. i tried many times through the web site: www.appleid.com to change my apple id,but although it tells me that e-mail will be send to me with instructions to change my apple password, unfortunately i didnt receive anything yet on my e-mail. can you please help me for that?????????

Viet - Mac Tech :

I'm sorry about that. Have you checked your email junk/spam folder yet?

JACUSTOMER-aiwqebqm- :

yes i didnt but nothing received. my e mail address is: [email protected]

Viet - Mac Tech :

Sorry, for privacy purpose, please do not provide your full email address; please provide only the part after the character @, such as @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc.

Viet - Mac Tech :

Are you able to sign in your Apple ID account at the website https://appleid.apple.com/?

Viet - Mac Tech :

Are you still there? Do you have a computer? Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can help you directly? Thank you,

Viet - Mac Tech :

By the way, you change your apple password, not your apple ID.

Viet - Mac Tech :

It looks like you've gone away; please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you,