Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP
Host was a verb in the sentence. I wanted you to know that I have a VPS with apollohosting where we host many or our domains vs a gmail account for example.
The accounts send and receive "OK" which means they work much of the time but are not always quick to receive.
2.8 GHb intel Core 2 Duo
8 Gb 1067 MHz DDR3
apollohosting hosts the domains and the email. I use a Plesk Contral Panel to manage the domains and email addresses.
Did what you said and here are the results.
Verifying volume “Newest Drive”Checking file systemPerforming live verification.Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.Checking extents overflow file.Checking catalog file.Checking multi-linked files.Checking catalog hierarchy.Checking extended attributes file.Checking volume bitmap.Checking volume information.The volume Newest Drive appears to be OK.Repairing permissions for “Newest Drive”Group differs on “.DS_Store”; should be 80; group is 0.Permissions differ on “.DS_Store”; should be -rw-rw-r-- ; they are -rw-r--r-- .Repaired “.DS_Store”ACL found but not expected on “private/var/root”Repaired “private/var/root”ACL found but not expected on “private/var/root/Library”Repaired “private/var/root/Library”ACL found but not expected on “private/var/root/Library/Preferences”Repaired “private/var/root/Library/Preferences”Permissions repair complete
I have "rebuild" for all of my emails accounts. There is no improvement in the issue. The following is the error message when I have the email accounts NOT set to SSL. When I set them to SSL the error message changes as the port changes to 993.
There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Verify the settings for account “ASLS Michael” or try again.The server returned the error: The connection to host slsalon.com on port 143 failed.
My ISP recommends just slsalon.com as the incoming mail server. However I have set up a new account with mail.slsalon.com as the incoming mail server and there is no improvement. Yesterday I set up an account with imap.slsalon.com as the incoming mail server and the same results.
Over the weekend I also put my mail into folders and made completely new accounts with no success.
So just now I when to another computer with Outlook 6 set up one of my accounts. I used imap.slsalon.com as the incoming server and smtp.slsalon.com as the outgoing server. SSL with 993 and the outoing port of 25. The account was able to send and receive. So perhaps Mac MAIL 6.3 is just going to refuse to work smoothly with apollohosting.
Outlook is on Windows and I have Trend Micro Virus Protection installed.
On the MAC there is no virus or security software installed.
Ping has started…PING www.slsalon.com (220.127.116.11): 56 data bytes64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=0 ttl=47 time=54.544 ms64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=1 ttl=47 time=56.656 ms64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=2 ttl=47 time=56.733 ms64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=3 ttl=47 time=81.737 ms64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=4 ttl=47 time=53.407 ms64 bytes from 220.127.116.11: icmp_seq=5 ttl=47 time=53.511 ms64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=6 ttl=47 time=53.805 ms64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=7 ttl=47 time=52.953 ms64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=8 ttl=47 time=107.910 ms64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=9 ttl=47 time=70.214 ms--- www.slsalon.com ping statistics ---10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0.0% packet lossround-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 52.953/64.147/107.910/17.104 ms
Lookup has started…Trying "www.slsalon.com";; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 46279;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0;; QUESTION SECTION:;www.slsalon.com. IN ANY;; ANSWER SECTION:www.slsalon.com. 3600 IN A 184.108.40.206Received 49 bytes from 192.168.1.1#53 in 96 ms
Lookup has started…Trying "slsalon.com";; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 44030;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 5, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0;; QUESTION SECTION:;slsalon.com. IN ANY;; ANSWER SECTION:slsalon.com. 3600 IN A 220.127.116.11slsalon.com. 3600 IN NS ns1.apolloservers.com.slsalon.com. 3600 IN NS ns2.apolloservers.com.slsalon.com. 3600 IN SOA ns1.apollohosting.com. dnsadmin.apollohosting.com. XXXXXXXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>slsalon.com. 3600 IN MX 10 mail.slsalon.com.Received 179 bytes from 192.168.1.1#53 in 108 ms
OK I have added
18.104.22.168 as instructed
I installed and ran the titanium software and there are no improvements in terms of the email error messages.
However there was an error message at the end of run the software you suggested. I have seen this message before when I install upgrades to the Operating Software but don't know what it means.
System extension cannot be used
The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/hpPlugInInit.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.
Your last suggestion I don't think is an option. I have tried it and it does not work. Remember My domains and email addresses are inside a VPS which is different that just having a domain and email address with apollo hosting. So the link you reference is for email addresses not inside a VPS provided by Apollo Hosting.
I am going to try a suggestion that I just got in making a change in my Plesk control panel to see if that solves the issues. So why don't we stop here... a great effort but to no direct success.
Certainly I am more that happy to offer the agreed fee for your time. Please tell me what to do next to make that happen.
OK so in the Plesk Control panel I was advised to "check" enable message submission. So far no improvement but perhaps in a day it will get better.