Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Can't access Facebook or YouTube from Macbook Pro

Customer Question
I can't access facebook or...
I can't access facebook or youtube from my macbook pro. I have no problem logging onto these sites with my iPad, but can't access these sights on my new Macbook pro.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 4 years ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

May I ask when you have issues with the site? Do you have a problem accessing the actual site or a problem with the password?

JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

With the actual sites

Jason :

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

yes

Jason :

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=165cb9fa-083f-439c-9e4a-8e4983a3de0a&SUPPORT=NET

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

how do I do that

Jason :

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

safari

Jason :

Thank you.

Please, open your Downloads window, double click the Elsinore item and allow it to run.
JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

there's no Elsinore there, just an uncofirmed download that does nothing.

Jason :

That is curious.

- Then click the green button on that page
- Open the Downloads window again
- Do you see the Elsinore item now?
JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

It tells me I need to install a Java se6

Jason :

Does it give you the link to install Java?

We may have to try another option below.

DISCLAIMER

By choosing to click the Join.Me link below, you understand and agree to give the Expert full access to and control over your computer for computer diagnosis, service and repair; that any third-party software acquired, installed or used during the RemoteDesktop session, by you or the Expert, will be licensed to you, and any terms of use agreed to by you.

JustAnswer strongly recommends that you at all times maintain a complete data backup and disaster recovery plan.

If you agree to the terms listed above, you may continue below.

- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.

Thank you for your patience.

JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

it gives me a link

Jason :

Please, click that link, install Java and then run the remote link one last time.

JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

it says it will take about 50 minutes to download

Jason :

Let's try the Join Me option first.

JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

I am located in China

Jason :

ok

DISCLAIMER

JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

so the internet is slow

Jason :

Are you trying the Join me thing now?

JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

716-958-256

JACUSTOMER-kxahfr15- :

You haven't answered my question YET. Hopefully when we continue you will have answered the question.

Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 years ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

It seems your issue is with safari web browser. So please reset safari and check the result.

1. Open your Safari web browser by clicking on the Safari icon in the dock.
  2. Click on Safari in your Safari menu, located at the top of your screen.
  3. A drop-down menu will now appear. Choose the option labeled Reset Safari....
  4. A warning dialog will now appear detailing the items that will be removed.
  5. Click the button on the dialog labeled Reset to complete the process.
  6. Your Safari browser will now restart automatically.

Now try to access facebook and youtube websites and let me know the result. If it not helps, click here and download firefox web browser. Install it on your system and access the site with firefox.

Regards

Jason Jones, Mac Technician