Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Is it possible to retrieve photos that have recently been deleted

from an iPhone 4?...
Is it possible to retrieve photos that have recently been deleted from an iPhone 4?
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2013
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

It all depends if your iphone is being backed up via iCloud or via itunes on your computer. To see if icloud is set up on your iphone, click on settings, choose iCloud. Do you see a list of applications?

Customer:

Yes...

Appleologist :

When were the photos deleted?

Customer:

Yes... yesterday. Only need to retierve 1

Appleologist :

OK, before we check when the backup was completed, have you looked in photo stream?

Customer:

On my Mac or cell?

Appleologist :

On your iphone?

Customer:

Yes, not there.

Appleologist :

Go back to settings<icloud Click on storage and backup. Under Backup Now, what does the last backup date say?

Customer:

Not showing up on phone or iMac.

Customer:

still loading or syncing.

Appleologist :

So under the backup Now button, it does not display a time?

Appleologist :

On your iphone

Customer:

where do I find back up now?

Customer:

Found it...back up is off.

Appleologist :

Oh no! When was the last time you plugged your phone into your computer?

Customer:

Before the photo was taken... sounds like it's gone?

Appleologist :

I wish I had better news for you but if icloud was not enabled and you did not plug it in after the photo was taken, then yes it is gone. To prevent this from happening the future, go ahead and enable icloud backup. This will back up your entire phone wirelessly.

Customer:

Got you... thanks...

Appleologist :

No problem. Enjoy the rest of your evening

Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician