Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Can some one tell me if CS6 or CS3 will run on 10.7.5 Thank

Can some one tell me if CS6 or CS3 will run on 10.7.5
Thank you
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

CS3 can work on Lion 10.7.5 .. Depending on what other programs you have installed, it may run flawlessly, or it may have random crashes and errors.

But many people have used it with Lion and havent had any issues.

That being said, you wont get any support from adobe, except what you would find in their forums for Cs3 on Lion.. As its an older product thats being installed on a platform they wont fully support with Cs3.

CS6 will run generally without issues on Lion and Mountain Lion, again though the " without issues part" will depend on what other programs you have installed..

Your best bet, is to install either of the Suites and then run them.. If you dont encounter any issues, Great!

If you do encounter them, respond back with exactly whats happening and what your seeing, and Ill do my best to help you fine tune and troubleshoot the install so that we can get everything running smoothly.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So, basically you're saying I'm in a "crap shoot" if I buy this used Macbook Pro with 10.7.5, is that right?
Not precisely Karen.

What I would do if I was you to ensure everything goes smoothly..

Is when you get the Used macbook.. Run lions recovery feature.. This basically reinstalls Lion, and clears out everything that was user installed on the Mac. ( giving you a fresh start )

This will ensure that the problems you encounter are minimal at best, XXXXX XXXXX procedure is easy to use. Shown as follows.

http://www.apple.com/osx/recovery/

If you run a recovery on the mac.. I doubt you will face many issues with the Mac, or installing either of the Cs suites..

Thanks! D.Sandlin