Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

What Apple product replaces Microsoft "Word?" Im assuming

What Apple product replaces Microsoft...
What Apple product replaces Microsoft "Word?" I'm assuming it's not AbiWord. I'm looking to purchase through the Apple Store right away.
5/19/2013
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician

Appleologist : Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.
Appleologist : Pages is Apples version of Microsoft word. You can download it directly from the App store. What version of Mac OS X are you running?
Appleologist : Here is the direct link. Click on the Buy now button in the upper right corner. This will launch the App store on your Mac. iWork features Apple Pages which is the equivalent to Microsoft word. Keynote is the equivalent to Microsoft power point and Numbers is the equivalent to Microsoft Power Point. Since you only need Pages, simply click on the Price and then type in your Apple ID and Password. Pages will then begin to download. Lastly, if you ever need to send a document that will be opened on a windows machine, you can export it into a .doc format. To to this in pages, click on File>Export and then choose word.
Appleologist : Please let me know if I can assist you further
Appleologist : http://www.apple.com/iwork/pages/
Appleologist : Or you can open the App store on your computer and type on Pages in the search box
Appleologist : To open the app store if it is not on your dock, click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner and type in App Store
Customer: There is NO "Buy now" button in the upper right hand corner. I'll go to the Apple Store and find Apple Pages.
Appleologist : Like mentioned earlier, you can download it from the app store
Appleologist : Can you click on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner and type in App Store
Appleologist : Let me know when you have to app store open
Appleologist : ?
Customer: Was finally able to "Buy It." Apply sore process not very friendly. It overwhwlmes you with information before you can figure out how to make the "purchase."
Customer: Thanks!
Customer: Seventh word s/b "Store"
Appleologist : You are very welcome. Was there anything els I can assit you with today?
Customer: Thirteenth word s/b "overwhelmes."
Customer: No THANKS
Appleologist : Have a great weekend :)
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician