Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I am looking to export an iphoto slide show onto a cd. I think

I am looking to export...
I am looking to export an iphoto slide show onto a cd.
I think I have to do this through idvd but i am not sure.
If I have to do through idvd you can't help me I hear.
Is there any other way to do?
5/14/2013
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

The easiest way to burn your iphoto slideshow to a Dvd, is to first export the slide show, save it and then burn it.
In iphoto, select your slideshow. At the bottom your will see the export button

Customer:

where do I export it to?

Appleologist :

You can save it to your desktop so it is easier to find when you are ready to export it to your CD

Customer:

ok can I look at my iphoto now for a minute to see if I see the export button?

Appleologist :

Sure. Open iphoto, select your slideshow. You will then notice the export button at the bottom

Customer:

see, my slideshow is under the heading of "albums" for some reason.

Appleologist :

Is there a slide show heading?

Customer:

not that I can see.

Appleologist :

Click on file, and choose create new slide show. Does it appear now?

Customer:

all the pictures are on the right in order and under them is an arrow with the word "slideshow" next to it to start it

Customer:

no, references are only to "albums"

Appleologist :

Ok no problem. Select your slideshow in the left column. Then choose share from the top menu bar

Appleologist :

You should see the option to Burn or send to iDvd

Appleologist :

depending on your version of iphoto

Customer:

there is both "burn" and send to idvd.

Customer:

here is the problem, I have both idvd 3.0.1 and idvd 7.0.1

Appleologist :

Ok so you have an option. You can just burn it to a dvd or you can send it to idvd if you would like to make it more official with more theme options.

Customer:

well, one question is, I already have it set to music so will i lose the music if I just do burn?

Appleologist :

You can use idvd 7.0.1

Appleologist :

No, it will burn just the way it is in iPhoto. The only difference between burning in idvd is the option to add menu selection options

Customer:

ok i will just do burn. do I need to get a cd to do this now or does the pressing burn just ready it?

Appleologist :

Yes, you will need to get a blank Dvd. Once you insert it into your computer, choose burn and set your resolution

Appleologist :

Do you have a blank DVD handy right now?

Customer:

sorry, went to br.

Customer:

yes i will go get one.

Appleologist :

Are you ready to burn now?

Customer:

no, dammit, we dont seem to have any cd's.

Customer:

I will have to try later. any other tips for burning?

Appleologist :

You will need a DVD, not a Cd.

Customer:

ok good thing you brought that up. where do I get one?

Appleologist :

Nope! Thats it. It is very straight forward. You can get them anywhere like radio shack, best buy. Pretty much any electronic store

Appleologist :

I would also recommend burning using both iphoto and idvd to see which one you like best

Customer:

ok you are an angel from heaven. thank you so much!!

Appleologist :

Awww thank you. You are very welcome. Best of luck :)

Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician