Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Experience:  Apple Computers and Mobile support with 12 years of exp.
70409726

Last night I tried unsuccessfully to reset my password XXXXX order

Last night I tried unsuccessfully to reset my password XXXXX order to purchase download ITunes music. After multiple failures, I seem to shut out completely. What can I, an 81 year-old computer novice, do to get an approved password XXXXX that I can start my own music library?

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you with your issue, I will need additional information. To reset your password, you will need your Apple ID and recovery email address where the link will be emailed to. Can you briefly walk me through how you attempted to reset your password XXXXX?

Appleologist :

..

Customer:

This is not working! I have not received a password XXXXX my computer.

Appleologist :

Have you visited iforgot.apple.com and type in your password? https://iforgot.apple.com/iForgot/iForgot.html

Appleologist :

type in your apple ID *

Customer:

Bigred1ok

Appleologist :

When was the last time you purchased from the app store or itunes?

Customer:

I am not sure. It would have been several years ago.

Appleologist :

Do you think it is possible that you do not have an apple ID set up? Or maybe you used a different email address?

Customer:

My grandson may have done it. He no longer lives with me.

Appleologist :

Ok so would you like to see if we can set up a new one?

Customer:

Yes

Appleologist :

Click on this link. It will open up in a new window. https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/ Click on Create an Apple ID

Customer:

It didn't work. I give up!

Appleologist :

Did you get an error message?

Appleologist :

What did not work? The link?

Appleologist :

What occurred when you entered in your information?

Customer:

It said that I already had an ID:[email protected] and I should enter a password, which I don't

Appleologist :

When you went through the reset password XXXXX did you choose your email address to retrieve or answer security questions?

Customer:

Yes

Appleologist :

Yes to which one, email or answer security question?

Appleologist :

Have you checked your Junk mail? If it is not there, you will need to try to retrieve your password XXXXX answering security questions

Customer:

I have to leave this page to check my mail. it is on my university's PC server.

Appleologist :

You can open up a new window. You do not need to exit the page

Appleologist :

Click on File, new window

Customer:

There is nothing in my inbox or junk mail for ITunes.

Appleologist :

Lets try to answer security questions instead. Click on this link and enter you email address. Choose to answer questions instead of email https://iforgot.apple.com/iForgot/iForgot.html

Customer:

My grandson must have entered his information. I can't get in.

Appleologist :

Is it possible to call or text him to recover the information he entered. Do you also have another email address that you can use to set up an apple ID?

Customer:

I can't reach him and I don't have another email address.

Appleologist :

I understand. In your unique situation, you have 2 options. Option 1: Create a new free gmail email address to use for iTunes Or Option 2: You can wait until you can get in touch with your grandson. It even sounds like he entered his email address as the recovery email which is probably why you are not getting the password XXXXX link

Customer:

Thanks. You gave me excellent service. I regret the outcome but it is not your fault. Thank you.