Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hello, My ipad is locked in itunes recovery mode, have tried

Customer Question
Hello, My ipad is locked in...
My ipad is locked in itunes recovery mode, have tried to restore but ipad is not recognised.
Cannot be found.
Can ypu advise please.
XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/5/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Michelle, Mac Technician replied 4 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician

Appleologist :

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is Michelle and I am excited to get started with you.

So I can better assist you, I will need additional information about your issue. What is currently displaying on your ipad screen?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

the itunes symbol and the disconnected plug lead.

Appleologist :

Do you know what version of itunes you are currently running?

Appleologist :

To find your version, click on itunes in the top menu bar and choose about itunes

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

no

Appleologist :

click on itunes in the top menu bar and choose about itunes. You will see the version number scrolling up. Example: iTunes 11.0.2

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

having problem finding

Appleologist :

Do you see where it says iTunes in the top menu bar (To the left of the apple logo in the upper left corner)

Appleologist :

Click on itunes and then choose about itunes.

Appleologist :

Were you able to find it? If not we can go another route

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

sorry cannot find

Appleologist :

Normally when itunes does not recognize a devices, it can mean that itunes needs to be updated. Next we will check for system updates. Click on the apple logo in the upper left corner and choose software update. What updates are available?

Appleologist :

Is it checking for updates?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

having problem to open

Appleologist :

opening what?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

clicking on apple logo

Appleologist :

When you click on it once, you should get a selection drop down. Click on software updates

Full Size Image

Appleologist :

Were you able to click on software updates now?

Appleologist :

If not, please let me know

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

no sorry

Appleologist :

Ok close itunes.

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

done

Appleologist :

Disconnect your ipad from your computer

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

done

Appleologist :

Now open itunes again. Then connect your ipad to your computer

Appleologist :

try to use a different usb port

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

done

Appleologist :

In the left column bar in itunes, do you see where it says devices?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

yes

Appleologist :

Is your ipad listed under devices?

Appleologist :

Click on your ipad

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

no

Appleologist :

Ok, it sounds like your itunes needs an update. Lets try this again. Do you see the apple logo all the way in the upper left corner?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

nno

Appleologist :

When you are in itunes, Do you see where it says itunes in the top menu bar?

Appleologist :

Click on this link to download the latest version of itunes
http://www.apple.com/itunes/

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

no

Appleologist :

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Appleologist :

Did you click on the link yet?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

can only get download music

Appleologist :

Peter, you are really going to have to click on the apple logo. It is the only apple logo on your screen. Please look at the upper left corner of your screen.

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

can only get music at present

Appleologist :

Close itunes then

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

done

Appleologist :

Now, Please look at the upper left corner of your screen. click on the apple logo. It is the only apple logo you will see. When you click on it, choose software updates

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

the apple logo is in centre of scree3n

Appleologist :

Wait, are you using a mac or PC computer?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

pc

Appleologist :

Is there an apple logo displaying on your ipad now?

Appleologist :

Ok thats why. My apologies. Is there an apple logo displaying on the center screen on your ipad now?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

no

Appleologist :

Is there another computer in your household with itunes on it?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

no but has same itunes logo as before

Appleologist :

Can you press and hold both the sleep and home button for 40 secs. The sleep button is located at the upper right corner and the home button is the round button on bottom front bezel of your ipad

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

yes and logo still appeared after 20 secs

Appleologist :

I have an itunes download link for windows. Click on this link so you can update itunes http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

updated

Appleologist :

You already went through the installation process?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

yes

Appleologist :

disconnect your ipad and reconnect it again. Open itunes

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

errors occured my system has not been modified

Appleologist :

Is that the message your are receiving in itunes?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

run the installer again

Appleologist :

So you haven't downloaded itunes yet?

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

no

Appleologist :

Let me know if you get the same error

Appleologist :

If you get than error again, you will need to uninstall itunes before re-installing it

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

sorry M have fault on system thank you for help

Appleologist :

No problem. Enjoy the rest of your weekend

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

will call again tomorrow thank you very much for trying

Appleologist :

You are very welcome. I appreciate your patience throughout :)

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

Appleologist :

Good Morning

JACUSTOMER-kf14am5a- :

Hello, The fault has not been cured yet; I am waiting for response from APPLE HELP.

Appleologist :

On May 5th you contacted JustAnswer regarding your locked iPad. We are not Apple Help however JustAnswer Experts do work with Apple devices. The last time we spoke, you were in the process of re-installing itunes. Have you done so already?

Mike, Mac Medic