Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

can I transfer videos from an app on my phone to my computer.

Customer Question
I have an old I...
can I transfer videos from an app on my phone to my computer. I have an old I phone
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
5/4/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 4 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
If you have iMovie plug the iPhone into the computer and open iMovie. It should ask if you want to import the video, let me know.

It says connect to video camera or choose an import option from the file menu

If you select the little camera icon it should open window and show you what is on the iPhone to import:

Found the camera, what do I do now please?

Select the clips you want using the mouse and the Command key for multiple items and then click on Import.

But how do I get the videos off the camera onto the computer - when I open the videos on the camera it says: settings, realtime effect, share, and video library. it says on the phone if you are using a bonjour enabled web browser (ie safari ) Im using foxfire - you can also access the built in server using the bonjour menu of the web browser on your computer. I don't understand any of this I'm lost, sorry

Ok sorry I had to take a break. Did you open iMovie?

I clicked on file which said import movies and now I'm stuck I don't know if I should click on plug ins or what I do

Are you in iMovie? Please try to give me more info. You clicked on a "file" or you clicked on the camera icon like the picture?

Yes, I'm in I movie and I can see the photos I've saved from my camera to the computer and it says I'm in my first project the photos come up on the right hand side of the screen

OK so what do you want to do? It sounds like they have imported correctly. I can’t teach you iMovie here. I can lead you to many great tutorials and teaching sites unless I am not understanding you.

The problem is I think that the app is not an apple thing. The photos import but I can't get the movies from the app to and that's my problem. Does that make sense?

Similar it has a small camera in the bottom right hand side and the length of video on the right. The app says icamcorder on the app on my computer when i go open all my aps

This may be easier if I can see your screen and control it if you allow. Do you want to try that?

Yes please hat do I do

Please go here:

https://join.me

Click on the orange Share arrow.

It should download to your Downloads folder and automatically expand to a file called join.me.app, if not double click on it to expand the zip file.

Drag that to your Applications folder and double click on it. You should see a small box at the top of your screen.

Click on share.

You will see a 9 digit number at the top, give that to me here. Then look for my messages on your screen.

Sorry Mike where is the orange share arrow is it in the movie folder

You have to click on the link I provided:

https://join.me

Sorry, I can't understand this - can you do it I will give you my permission - I'm not good with tech stuff obviously!

I can't, very sorry you have to at least click on this link to download the app first:

CLICK HERE

then click on the orange Share arrow
Maybe this will help, click on the link below:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2149
Mike, Mac Medic