Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I want to download "Audacity for Mac" how do I do this

Customer Question
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/4/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 4 years ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error when installing?

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can fix this issue directly for you?

Please let me know. Thank you

Yes let's do screen sharing, I am a luddite when it comes to downloading

Please click on the website below and allow the screenconnect program to run:

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=802ac6d5-c409-4b78-9929-309af510f387&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Thank you

Please go to that website in Safari, not Firefox, or Chrome, etc.:

And/or go to the shorter website link in Safari:

http://tinyurl.com/ch6wbuj

Try all options it gives you as needed. Thank you

OK I copied and pasted http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=802ac6d5-c409-4b78-9929-309af510f387&SUPPORT=JAVAW

What's next?

Copy and paste it to the address bar on the top in Safari application, then press the Enter key on your keyboard, then allow it to run. Thank you

I have done that, did not include it in my last transmission, sorry

Sorry, then what do you see? Thank you

in the download box I have jre-7u21-macosxx64.dmg

Double-click on jre-7u21-macosxx64.dmg to run it. Thank you

Yabbadabba doo...I have just installed JAVA

Great. Now go to the website below again and see:

Thank you

I copied that into a new window and followed the propmpts and nothing is happening except the wheel turning round and round

Should I have waited longer?

Please try that website again. Does it give you any other option to try? Thank you
Also, make sure you are using Safari to go to that website. Thank you,

I'm really sorry. It looks like your computer cannot connect. Let me try to provide written instructions.

1. Download the Audacity software file at the website below:

http://audacity.googlecode.com/files/audacity-macosx-ub-2.0.3.dmg

2. Double-click on the audacity-macosx-ub-2.0.3.dmg that you've just downloaded in order to open it (likely on the Desktop or in your Download folder.)

3. Open the Applications folder (from Finder or Mac HD drive), then click & hold the Audacity folder, and drag it to the Applications folder, then release the mouse. And/or you can drag it to the Desktop.

4. Then you can open the Audacity folder/program in the Applications folder (or where you've dragged to) and use.

Please let me know if you are stuck at any step.

Edit: It looks like you are away now; please reply back when you are available to continue. Thank you,

I am still where I was when I tried opening Audacity. I have a picture of a "disc/plug-in" and when I click on that I get a coloured picture of a earphones and when I click on that nothing happens. This is what I had before.

I'm sorry, let me open the issue to other professionals. Thank you
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 4 years ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Jason Jones, Mac Technician