David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

For David MacHelpdesk only: Hi, again. Every time an e-mail

For David MacHelpdesk only: Hi, again. Every time an e-mail comes in, there is a "ping" on my iPhone. There must be some way to silence this, but I can't find it. It is really annoying.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional, Machelpdesk a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am nothing but patient, something learned in 77 years of life and many years with computers.

Hello
Yes there is, and yes it is annoying. Fortunately you can set to not use audio alerts.

Tap Settings, and scroll down, to Sounds. Tap on it.

Scroll down a bit on the new page, to New Mail. Tap there.

You can choose less annoying ones if you still want audio alerts, or set it to none for no audio.

That setting is separate to the rest of your audio settings so that alarms and ringers will still work.

Are these steps OK on your phone, please don't rate but reply to me. It can be that your phone is running a different version, but I don't believe that setting has ever been moved. However if it is a problem please let me know and I will help you resolve it.

Kind regards,
David.
David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I looked at that before but just didn't see None. Thanks. I may have another, separate, question for you tonight—if I can think of what it is.

Hi George,

It's in the same on the iPad and I found myself digging around for it about 48 hours before your question, but most apps that use sound will have a separate setting there. The mute function does the overall phone.

Let me know if you want an answer on any other issues.

Best regards,
David.